Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jesterface's Deadpool costume.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesterface

Jesterface

Jesterface's Deadpool costume. Empty
PostSubject: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:57 am

After seeing a literal f*ckton of morphsuits at Download, cogs began turning. I've been thinking of doing a Deadpool costume for a while now, but have wondered and wondered how to go about it, as my physique is neither athletic nor is it even remotely close to one that would be suitable to have under spandex (exercise regime will start, I swear).

Thus my plans are such:

1x Red morphsuit
1x Pair of red camoflague combat trousers
1x Pair of plastic plated cycling gloves
1x Pair of combat boots (as following Download, my existing pair are extremely mudstained and have broken soles)

Adding onto this will be the black eye rings and the white eyes, as well as some way of making the black patterning down the torso, maybe as some kind of padding that will hopefully look somewhat like kevlar. I will also see about getting some kind of military style pouched belt thing, preferably in black.

The plastic plated gloves will have the Deadpool logo painted on the back-of-the-hand plating and the individual letters of Deadpool on each of the fingers.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 am

Ahhh I love Deadpool! I'll deffo look forward to this.

How much you estimating this will cost? It's looking a bit expensive hehe
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 am

Well, it's about £35 for the morphsuit (minus P&P) and the trousers will be somewhere between £12-20 if the stall on Lincoln market still has them. Boots should be cheap if I can get 2nd hand ones again, or however much it'll be to repair the soles. As for various other parts, we'll have to burn that bridge when we come to it. Not going to be doing it right away as I need a job to pay for rent and bills, then food, before spending it on frivolities.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 am

Yeah it's all those little things that set me back with my Freya costume.

I look forward to hearing about how you get on with it, with pictures!
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 am

First thing I'm likely to get are the trousers, then possibly the gloves.

And indeed, there shall be pictures.

When you say Freya, do you mean the Burmecian Dragon Knight of FFIX fame?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:19 am

I sure do!! I do love Freya Smile
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 am

The Burmecians and Cleyrans were such cool concepts. Freya was one of the better secondary characters (as I used Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and Vivi most). Sounds like it'd be an awesome costume.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:46 am

hmm, finally got around to looking at Morphsuits. if i could make a sugestion, why not try making the black patches out of Ostritch embossed leatherette, or studded plastic (ala my waistcoat with the pattches). thinking of it, you could probably pick up something good for about a tenner for the right amount of material. the only thing is, you's need some good needle skills for it, and a dress dummy (or a dummy of a different sort) to wear the suit while you sew.

oh, here's some inspiration too:

Jesterface's Deadpool costume. 3115644370_738317e3e4

Jesterface's Deadpool costume. 3652749371_7313a5d758

Jesterface's Deadpool costume. 3653544660_b4c66d975c
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 am

Dude, I don't need inspiration for Deadpool, especially as I'm kinda planning my own look, something a little more tactical-ops, as per my 'Marvel Otherverse' designs. And the patches need to be something more akin to the stuff you get backpacks and the like made from, as it is supposed to be somewhat military.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:11 am

i think outside the box
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 am

Well, the trousers have been acquired, for £14.99 (win) and appear as such:
Jesterface's Deadpool costume. 7915

However, this image doesn't give them the full justice of how loud and garish they are.

This costume will be awesome ^^
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 am

Ahh gratz on finding such a good deal!
Don't you love it when a plan comes together....
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 pm

I knew it would, I buy all my camos there Razz
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Can i be a complete and utter noob and ask what Deadpool is? *hangs head in shame*
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:45 pm

He's the merc with the mouth Very Happy

He's a character in the Marvel comic universe. He was in the Wolverine: Origins movie and has his own movie currently in production

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpool
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:40 pm

He started as a side character connected to the X-Men franchise in the 90s I believe, but eventually got his own title and became Marvel's method of parodying themselves.

He also appeared very briefly in the 90s X-Men cartoon, when the shapeshifter Morph is talking to Wolverine, shifting through various forms relating to Wolverine's past, Deadpool being one of them.

"It's not my fault, there's a guy with a typewriter!"
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:45 pm

oooooooooooh coolies!!! ^^ i'm not really into Marvel stuff all that much... i only saw Wolverine like 2 months ago... it was good!
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:46 am

I didn't like Wolverine so much. It was okay to watch, but as a Marvelite it was a bit 'Hey let's canon-rape all of your favourite characters.'

Looking forward to the Deadpool solo film though, got Ryan Reynolds back as DP, which was good.
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 am

I've found some things for my costume (Gods bless Army Surplus!)
Belt
Gloves

Also found this: Tactical Vest Which would be perfect, but it's so ruttin' expensive ><

Also found this rather shiny shirt, but that's nothing to do with the costume, I just like it.

Found elbow pads: Elbow pads!
Sadly the knee pads are only in camo colour d'oh.

(Have found other vests on there though, so that's a good thing)
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Jesterface's Deadpool costume. 46058_417835956746_501761746_5220589_7856381_n

Quick, crappy scribble of what I'm aiming for. Either gonna make my own utility vest or get one and find some way of affixing it to the morphsuit.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 am

ooooo this does look very awesome!! I really can't wait to see it
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 am

You're not the only one Razz

Realised I need some black on the shoulders/upper arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesterface's Deadpool costume.   Jesterface's Deadpool costume. Empty

Back to top Go down

Jesterface's Deadpool costume.
Page 1 of 1