Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LARP, or The Shameless Plugging

Go down 
+3
shadowbeam
Jeff the Ninja Fox
Jesterface
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesterface

Jesterface

LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:31 am

*thumbs up*

Well, I'll be playing a healer with my new character, but only level 1 (plus Power of some level, just so I'm not totally useless).

I'll be an orc though, so undecided as to his attitudes towards elves...
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:43 am

like elves!!! pwease!
... okay i'm off to read the rules for the 3rd time haha
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:36 am

ah, elves - so much to do with them. do you play it high and hauty? Or wild and free? Or even savage and bloodthirsty - or just go drow. and i have a feeling that if you have Thorgs back, he'll have yours - just don't try the mushrooms
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 am

Mines Wild and free! ^_^ shes been abandoned by other elves because shes been considered to dangerous and always ends up in trouble haha

aww i'd have thorgs back!!! mushrooms...?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:19 am

the ones he's been cultivating in his hair. wild and free will suit the Pack though - going very wilderness skirmishing group, i believe - light and mobile
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:52 am

Sounds awesome ^_^ i like wild and free haha its fun, plus i can't do haughty... and i'm generally not bloodthirsty sooo... its kinda what was left haha
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 am

For the last time, Thorg does not have mushrooms in his hair. If you make IC references to that, I will punch you in the baby Quicksilver!

Hopefully you'll start to concrete them thar scary rules in your head Jeff Razz
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:07 am

i'm sort of starting to get it... its just a whole new world cus i'm not a gamer in general... so the whole levels and points thing is like wah?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 5:43 am

Ignore this message - was feeling marose and angry - am having a really bad time of it at the moment.

you know, we used to have a laugh with these ideas. when did it all become serious? Makes me want to get as far away from it as possible
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:52 am

Awww i hope it gets better soon!!! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:06 am

I did use to have a laugh with the mushrooms thing, but it got old. I was being light-hearted as well man.

I hate cold mediums...
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:45 am

ENOUGH SAD TIMES! JOUYOUSNESS BEGINS!!!

Quicksilver, we need to compile a list of elements we've thought of for the Pack!!!

Here goes:

The Pack of Cernunnos; beastkin or bestial/savage beings who're very close to nature/shamanic, and believe that partaking in the blood of the hunt brings you into the bloodline of the Ancestor Cernunnos.

Led by the 'Alpha', currently a wolfkin female archer (name undecided), preferring to work in a skirmisher capacity.

Current confirmed characters: Aforementioned Wolfkin, Thorg Exile-Bloodrot (Orc healer, Jesterface), Tanras (Lionkin warrior, Quicksilver).

Potential characters (some more likely to confirm than others): Hyenakin (my mate Kitbash), Reptile/snakekin (Not sure how likely), Wood Elf (That's you Jeff) and anybody else that's wanting to participate.
Back to top Go down
Kallisti

Kallisti

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Omg, I happen to be that very wolfkin *awesomeface*
.. I still haven't decided on a name though. :/
Back to top Go down
http://its-dark-in-here.deviantart.com
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 am

just a quick fix, i was going to be a wolfkin Ranger, not a warrior, but same diff.

um, let's see - there was the one idea of our Pack sign being a single beaded braid in the hair, don't know if that's important enough to mention.

Love the wild hunt idea though, might have to really change up a gear on my mask, though, you have given me inspiration on that front.

just to confirm though, we are looking at next gathering to get the Pack together, yes? As in one year this month?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 am

Think that was the plan, yeah. And thanks for reminding me of the braid idea.

What happened to being Lionkin?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 pm

i started using Grey fur on my Armour - realized the mistake while working on it the other week - will have to change species, I'm afraid
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm

You making new armour?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 pm

At the moment, it's the same armour - but i have a year and no friends in easy reach, so plenty of time to mess about with stuff
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Fair enough, just thought you were going with the coat.

And the fur on the armour doesn't necessarily mean you -have- to be a wolfkin.
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Also, plot based news!

The big-bad that has had the Lions using their drawers as privvies got taken out earlier this year. Xiventhal, the Forgotten, was a dragon, who like the other Dragons of Lantia (Lantia is the island chain the Lions call home) was immensely powerful, but essentially reduced to an aspect of himself and bound to one of the Lantian isles, as well as a concept and a gemstone, managed to free himself last Gathering, and with an army of constructs, Xiv managed to get his hands on the Helm of The Achillean. The Helm is one of, if not the most powerful artifacts that the Lions control, granting immense power to the whomever it is bound to, however, it causes their Life Pattern to unravel a year later. Taking this on is one of the biggest sacrifices and honours a Lion can undertake. The binding happens on the Sunday of every Gathering of Nations, however, the last Achillean died before his time performing a ritual, and the Helm vanished, later showing up worn by one of Xiv's constructs.

In May/June, the Lions finally took the 'Xivchillean' down, and with it, the Dragon's power vanished, sinking the island 'Oblivion' that he raised, with it. I currently have no idea what happened to the Helm.

Several deaths have happened, including the death of the leader of the Prince Bishop's Men, and the death of the Korpiklaani's alpha, Talan (aka Fozz to those who knew him), which makes Bear their new leader. This may or may not change things for the potential Pack, as the 'Klaani could either be our greatest allies, or worst rivals.

The Gathering of Nations 1110 (this year's) is supposedly occuring at a place where rumours have emerged of a 'Sun-God', which is a golden being trapped within a pyramid, beside a Chaos-aligned Wellspring (part of the weekend will be aligning it to Law), but that isn't what concerns the Lions (and probably a few other Factions/Individuals) as some rumours are that this 'Sun-God' (revered y locals of course) is an imprisoned Nosti-Ka. The Nosti-Ka were a race that once hounded many living beings, and none more fervently than the Lions when they lived in the demiplane of Avalon, eventually causing them to leave, collapsing the path behind them, cutting all ties to Avalon with a sea of Chaos, Demons and Nosti-Ka. The Nosti-Ka are golden coloured and harmed by healing magicks, but still formidable. Everyone is sh*tting their pants basically and this could lead to a big ol' nasty plot.

Forewarned is forearmed.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:57 pm

was thinking i might give making this a go soon:

LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 Elvena10
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:00 am

Latest revelation; there seems to be a lot of wild characters in the Lions at the moment. Either humans who revere nature or bestial/animalistic characters i.e. a large number of beastkin, some wild fey (such as the Korpiklaani, and the new House Rising Horn; a bunch of satyrs) and even an Ursine breed (something like an experimentally made beastkin-like creature, but usually tougher).

Looks like the Pack will fit right in.

EDIT: Having had a wee chat with Fozz (now dead leader of the Klaani) he's said he's cool with us being bestial woodsy types, but we need to avoid european accents (especially russian), as well as woad patterning and while they'd probably be cool with us not using metal weapons, there'd be a problem if we had an outright aversion to metal. All of these are the hallmarks of the 'Klaani, but the woad thing he explained would be seen as an outright threat to them.

And knowing is half the battle.
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:31 pm

hmmm I'm kinda interested now. But I want just a one off battle/scene or even to spectate just to know what goes on and if I'd enjoy it. I don't want to buy props/costume and then not really enjoy it. Plus I'd prefer it if I could use my current characters rather than having to make up a new one just to fit in. Would you be seen as an outcast if you did have an odd character?

Where abouts does this stuff happen? In the Leicestershire area I'm hoping, I mean theres plenty of woods about.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:32 pm

The main events are in Derby, but the Lions seem to have settled in Leicestershire for sanctioned events (I think Ashby de la Zouche is there preferred locale). You can come along, but you'll have to pay entry and make up your character stats, but you don't have to play, you could just monster for a while, borrowing someone's kit or using monster tent stuff (usually a bit cheap-looking though). Kallisti/Aliz's dad did that for her first Gathering.

As for oddball characters, there's no law against it, though if it's silly to the point of taking the piss... you get the idea.

Examples of oddballs:
Warhammer 40K Imperial Guardsmen
Riddick's Necromongers
Cannibal Clowns
A Minotaur
A guy with a steam-powered arm
A group of Tim Burton-esque goth folk being led by a guy dressed like a Victorian doctor
Dalmatians (I kid you not).

I'll also tell you now, 'Half-Construct' is a race listed in the group of 'Umbral'.
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:31 am

Jesterface wrote:
The main events are in Derby, but the Lions seem to have settled in Leicestershire for sanctioned events (I think Ashby de la Zouche is there preferred locale).

I'll also tell you now, 'Half-Construct' is a race listed in the group of 'Umbral'.

Argh, too far. Also Wat; I googled Umbral and got pics of naked hippies D:.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LARP, or The Shameless Plugging   LARP, or The Shameless Plugging - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LARP, or The Shameless Plugging
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: General Cosplay Chat-
Jump to: