Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my (continued) absence

Go down 
+2
shadowbeam
Quicksilver
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

my (continued) absence Empty
PostSubject: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:59 am

I've not been around for a while - i know, shameful behavior. the thing is, i'm currently stuck with a computer so old it doesn't even have usb 2.0 sockets, and runs the internet as though there was a small athmatic polish octagenarien were turning a crank to make it work. as such, almost nothing works. until i can get a better pc working here, then, my time on anything is going to be sporadic. hope it doesn't last too long, and i'll hopefully see you all soon.

oh, and course of this, i've missed out on saying happy birthday Kim, sorry i missed it, and sorry to hear about Olaf, Jesterface, hows Pipi getting by without her?
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:27 am

is anybody out there?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 am

I'm here, just not very often atm >< but annual leave starts tomorrow so woop woop! Any luck with your computer? Saw on facebook you are building one
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:53 am

*hiding under her desk at work*
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 am

Well we all hope you get up and running soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:09 am

Yeah, took me around 17 hours, but rebuilt the whole software suite from the ground up. Was a bugger when I realised i'd deleted the drivers for the sound card and the graphics card, but I managed to dig out a program to hunt down the specs, then it was an internet treawl to try and download them
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:01 am

I've finally got my resit work behind me, and set up the internet in the house, so I'll be around a little more often now. Hooray for not having to trek to the library to surf for scant moments at a time.
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 am

Hope you get it all sorted soon!!!

i would be around more but... i get distracted by my sewing machine...
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:09 am

Well, should all be gravy now - computers up and running fine, i have a new job that has some weird hours ( take today, I don't start till 5, so have gone out to the cinema) and have a load of ideas on how I'll be rebuilding my steampunk world (enough with grand plans and world changing events, time to deal with the grit on the street.) So a character redesign is in the works, and we'll see how that goes. Until then, hopefully I'll become a regular poster again
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:46 am

I'm glad you got it all sorted ^_^

oooo what job did you get in the end? what film ya gonna see?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:50 am

working in a carvery restaurant for the moment, just until i find something else - still money in the bank and all that.

saw the sorcerers apprentice - not bad, despite how the actor that played the main character spent most of the film looking like a semi retarded hunchback with bad hair - worth a look if you can get in cheap
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 am

*nods* better than nothing ^_^

i really want to see it, i may go next week on an orange wednesday and drag Panda!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my (continued) absence   my (continued) absence Empty

Back to top Go down

my (continued) absence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: