Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amecon Reviews 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Amecon Reviews 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Amecon Reviews 2010   Amecon Reviews 2010 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:55 am

Just returned from Amecon 2010 and so thought i'd share my experiences Very Happy

Overall, I loved this con, was never bored, hardly ever left waiting, and when we were, we didn't have to wait outside in queues (only really a couple of things ran late the whole con).

Only real negatives was the fact that food was REALLY limited, only a couple of places to eat and none of it was exactly healthy, not much range. Also, everything was quite far away, so alot of walking was involved Wink

Panels: Enjoyed all the panels I went to (apart from someone who KEPT talking in the panel, offering her 'advice' when it wasn't her panel....). I went to the Fursuit, advanced fursuit, wig, prop and special effects panels and all were REALLY informative. I feel much better about making fursuits now especially Smile and some of the panellists were really funny too ^^

Omake: the less said the better, ran really well mind you

Masquerade: my god this masquerade was AWESOME! All masqueraders went not only through the ballroom but also through the bar too! Amazing costumes on display.Best bit was the announcer was in the form of an animated form of the mascot, which was being animated live to the announcer talking, and she was hilarious, with a cute anime voice and all! And it was shown on screens throughout all the rooms too Smile

Bring and buy: was pretty dismal, mainly just manga, anime and models. Which is good for some people, but i was really hoping for more hand made stuff by non-dealer people. And the prices werent really low tbh.

Dealers room: was awesome imo, had some really amazing stalls with some quite original stuff, really enjoyed it. Got plenty of cards ^^ Including one just for steampunk stuff Razz

The people: were fantastic, so friendly and chatty, made quite a few new friends. ^^ didnt meet any a-holes at all that I can remember

Venue: was bad because everything was so far away. Otherwise, very spacious, never felt cramped in the slightest. Rooms were gorgeous. Loads of different places to go day and night. Everything looks nice, prices were good for things like food and drinks. Shame the two accommodations were so far away.

All in all, loved it ^^ 9/10
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Amecon Reviews 2010   Amecon Reviews 2010 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:18 am

I dunno, might go next year. Specially since they've got better panels ( fursuits and props). I thought this one was in Leicester, have they moved it?

Also; the site is ass. How much is it?

Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Amecon Reviews 2010   Amecon Reviews 2010 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:59 am

Amecon won't be on next year, it runs alternate years with Ayacon.

Yes it has moved though, it was at Keele Uni, near Stoke, this year. Aya is in Warwick I think?
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Amecon Reviews 2010   Amecon Reviews 2010 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:46 pm

They had those panels at Alcon too, but ame was really good.

Yeah ame used to be in Leicester but was Keele this year, Aya is in Warwick next august i think yeah Smile
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Amecon Reviews 2010   Amecon Reviews 2010 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:54 am

Same con though right? ( why don't they just merge lol)
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Amecon Reviews 2010   Amecon Reviews 2010 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 am

Nah it's ran by different people
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amecon Reviews 2010   Amecon Reviews 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Amecon Reviews 2010
Page 1 of 1