Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News from the Front

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jesterface

Jesterface

News from the Front Empty
PostSubject: News from the Front   News from the Front EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 am

This thread will fill up with event summaries, including important plot developments/conclusions. Important announcements will follow, such as changes to the power structure and the likes.
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: News from the Front   News from the Front EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 am

Gathering of Nations 1110/2010

This was an interesting weekend to say the least. The site of the Gathering was based around a pyramid shaped temple (think Aztec/Incan ziggurat) which contained a golden idol worshipped as a sun god by the locals (rumoured beforehand to be an imprisoned Nosta kar, a race that once persecuted the Lions faction and forced them to abandon Avalon). Turns out it wasn't, it was just a huge statue. However, the Ritual Circle was aligned to Chaos, and as such a variety of random effects happened during rituals, possibly leading to failed rituals. Luckily the two I participated in went well (marked 7.5 and 8 out of 10 respectively by the Watchers).

Over the weekend a number of unusual threats attacked the Nations of the Heartlands, starting with the Orcs of the Crocodile Tribe, backed by demons, who had 'improved' the Ritual of Peace just to prove they could. Then went about asking everyone to thank them for it, attacking those who weren't grateful enough. Also there were the 'local gods' (a number of people in full body tiki masks, burbling in a strange 'tribal' language; i.e. "Tikbukki snooky! Peetah onndray, toetul deek! Moka frappacheenoe!") seeking to begin trade negotiations with the Factions.

Several rituals happened, as usual. The two I participated in were to empower people. The first was to grant 2 incantors from the Unicorn Faction and one from the Lions (Altius Nile, also my mate Nathan) with the power of Light Incantation. This was an instant process rather than a lengthy training process, petitioning the Ancestors themselves to grant this power. The second was to replace the now destroyed Lions Iconic item, the Wonder of War known as the Helm of the Achillean, which was stolen by Xivanthal. Instead of making a stealable item again, we empowered an individual with this power. Bear (Karhu), the current Alpha of the Korpiklaani, was chosen to be our new Champion, and thus, the ritual was used to make him this, calling upon the four elements, various Ancestors, the power of the Lions and the power of magic to grant these powers.

However, not all rituals went so well. Various went tits up, while some were interfered with. Specifically one performed by the Dragon Faction to remove a necromantic taint from their king, where EVERYONE (except the king) died. Rumours were someone messed it up. It was revealed that someone rolled a bottle of poison vapour was rolled into the Circle just before the seal went up. One of the people who died was Pericles, a paladin and former Knight of Lantia, who was wanted by our Faction for act of treason and endangering the lives of Lions by attempting to hijack a Ritual and use it to remove the Plane of Unlife from the Weave of Edreja. Being a paladin, his Life Pattern went straight to his Ancestor.

We also got royally pummeled by the Vipers Faction in an honour battle, that ended in 10 minutes. I was unconscious for most of this.

That's the more important details.
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: News from the Front   News from the Front EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:16 pm

Some added news I forgot to mention.

The Guilds, who provide training in a variety of different skills, are neutral in inter-Faction matters, and also must have the backing of all 10 Factions to be able to function as a guild. Currently, a potential guild has arisen for those who channel Unlife instead of Life, calling themselves the Corrupter's Guild (as opposed to Healer's Guild), they have sought the backing of the Factions, however, the Lions, who're adamantly opposed to Necromancy and the Unliving (which Corruption primarily uses/supports), have decided not to back this Guild. On the Sunday, there was panic as the Healer's Guild announced that they had received word from the Tarantula Faction. They had decided that they would no longer support the Healer's Guild until all ten Factions fully backed the Corrupter's Guild. I am as yet uncertain as to the conclusion of this.

Also, the Wolves Faction (who had recently reached amicable relations with the Lions), declared war with the Bears Faction (long time allies of the Lions). The reasons are as yet unknown to me. The final battle on the Monday was decided to be an honour battle between the Bears, sided by 4 chosen allies, against the Wolves and their allies. The Lions sided with the Bears, which the Wolves didn't take as an offence, as well as the Gryphons, Unicorns and surprisingly the Harts (who had kicked the Lions out of Albion following a civil war years ago). The Unicorns eventually retreated and left the field, seeking their camp, as the Jackals marched against them (due to various slights over the weekend) and proceeded to utterly trounce them in an honour battle (as the Unicorns are not a Faction of warriors, but traders predominantly).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from the Front   News from the Front Empty

Back to top Go down

News from the Front
Page 1 of 1