Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hessian and such business

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesterface

Jesterface

Hessian and such business Empty
PostSubject: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:37 am

What's a good thing for sewing/stitching hessian together? I'm starting work on my Scarecrow mask.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:01 pm

thick leather thongs would look authentic, perhaps with the hidden parts glued or done with a neutral thread
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Where can I get leather thongs? And for cheap, before next weekend?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:26 am

Is there a decent thread/string/similar that I could use to sew/stitch hessian that's cheap and can easily be found in Lincoln within the next few days? Zero hour approacheth.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:19 am

try the guy who sells leather belts on the indoor market - he might have something. otherwise, try to find some leather boot laces in a shoe shop. as for thread - Boys is always good, and there's a thread and button merchant in the market as well
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:24 pm

The holes in the hessian are small, so I don't think shoelaces or leather thongs would woork. Cheers though.
Back to top Go down
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 am

Which version are you doing? Game/film/comic book?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:34 am

Kind of a mix. The mask will look like the movie version, but with respirator filters. I'm probably gluing the hessian together to make the 'sack' shape, but need some stitches across the face. There's a doodle of it on the in progress boards.
Back to top Go down
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:12 am

Ohhh yesss... I remember now ^^ Hemp cording may work - you can get it in various colours and would have quite a good effect. But if you are looking for something more 'threadable' or smaller, embroidery thread works nicely and gives a fuller look to what is actually used. Hope this helps ^^
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:03 pm

It might help, cheers, I'll have a look after I sign on at the Yob Centre tomorrow (possibly for the last time). I want it to be something easily threaded, but still noticable. Will probably go for thicker for the mouth stitching, we shall see...
Back to top Go down
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:28 am

Well, good luck and let us know how it goes ! If i think of anything else, ill let you know XD
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:40 pm

Picked up some brown embroidery thread and suitable needles today, will work on it tomorrow then have a panic buy friday (and maybe saturday) and let you know how it goes...
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:00 am

Mask production has been somewhat successful and popular. Drawbacks include: filters that refuse to stay attached, difficulty putting on and removing mask, overheating/itchiness, possibly causing me to have a cough that won't shift, difficulty in drinking ANYTHING

Pictures in appropriate section soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hessian and such business   Hessian and such business Empty

Back to top Go down

Hessian and such business
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: Help, Tips & Tutorials-
Jump to: