Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hihihi: Looking for glomp

Go down 
+2
gpplumy
Stil
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stil

Stil

Hihihi: Looking for glomp Empty
PostSubject: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Hello ladies and gents and thank you for having me on your lovely forums.

My name is Adam (but I like the handle 'Stil' it is Dutch for silent and Norwegian for style I'm told - I thought I had made up the word as I picked it for an RP character), I'm 27 and I currently live in Derby.

Why I'm here: I love role playing and have been doing it on and off for about 8 years now. Costumes and cosplay are relatively new to me but I've always loved to dress up as it adds to the immersion, pays homage to the person/idea I'm trying to dress up as (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery), and (until I get into a fluster about time crafting, costs of materials and super-critical of my abilities) provides me lots of fun as I enjoy being creative. I've always dabbled with little projects and simple costumes, but I'd like to get a little more involved and take it more seriously.
From my time here I hope to learn a little bit more about cosplay, I hope to find guidance - especially being one that doesn't venture out of my crafting comfort zones without a guide, motivation (friendly encouragement or threats of a boot up the ass are both good working methods Razz) and hopefully make a few friends who are into the scene.

From mid November I'll actually be paid to dress up as an elf for the Santa/Father Christmas grotto thing!!

Any questions, feel free to ask Smile

Namaste x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thisisstil
gpplumy

gpplumy

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:49 pm

hey adam *cuddles* welcome in hunnie
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:59 am

Hi Stil, very nice to meet you :3
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 am

hey hey Stil!
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums Very Happy

You'll deffo be getting boots up the ass, encouragement is optional Wink
What type of characters do you have in mind? I'm really into creating original characters atm Very Happy So i'd love to hear what you have planned ^^ Maybe we could make a group Smile
Steampunk might be a good place to start as they are all original characters following a similar style, take a peek on the steampunk section...or just type it into google images haha

When I first started cosplay I didn't realise what a huuuuuuge thing it was, not just cosplay but lolita, gijinka, steampunk and all the little sub sections that are so closly linked so i'll bet you'll find plenty of stuff to do then realise you never have all the time to fit it in and oh yeah, what happened to having a life?

ps. From GP's reaction i'll bet I know who you are too Wink
Back to top Go down
Stil

Stil

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Characters wise? Something close to what I'd normally roleplay but I do want to branch out into other things - Steampunk is something I do *love* so I agree with you being a good first choice I think for looking smexeh, exploring different crafting techniques and for making good con/clubwear (to the clubs I go to anyway Razz).
I was also thinking about a fur suit if my partner is ok with it, a WoW character costume for meetups with my RP guildies. Along anime/manga lines - I'm not sure yet, everything is soooo tempting Smile

I think some of you do know who I am Wink
I do miss the Darkside Sad But hope to visit when I start getting paid *waves*
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:40 am

You may possibly be my new favourate person ><

I'm planning a Draenei cosplay at some point Wink Along with a fursuit too >< I know Quicky has almost finished his fursuit, we could all go to a con fursuited up!

Would be great if you could both make it to a mini meetup on 13-14th Nov? Pretty sure I invited GP on FB, but who checks FB events anyway? lol
I'll post ti in the meetups section
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:15 pm

I think you have found your soul mate Shadow Smile. Welcome Stil! <3
Back to top Go down
gpplumy

gpplumy

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:36 pm

i rember bout the 13 n 14th i still need to check that gian hope i can come, any reason for hugs :p and men (awsomeface) xD tho i doubt there will be many men, sorry for going off topic
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 pm

lol getting used to your off-topic-if-its-about-men-preferably-wearing-very-little
Back to top Go down
Stil

Stil

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:09 pm

The mini meetup sounds wonderful - but I'll need to check things with work. I think I'm down to work that weekend. (10-6 sat and 10.30-4 sun) If I see a work around I'll take it as I'd love to see you all and get some costume designs down on paper, but can't afford to bunk work or turn down shifts just yet my love Sad

My hugs and man-power (well, a poor excuse for a man but I can open jars and remove spiders Razz) on there way be it this meet up or a later date. x
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Removing spiders is an excellent man skill to have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 am

Dydh da, Stil! (That's hello in Cornish)

Welcome aboard, and don't worry, you're not the only non-super-costume person here, I don't do a lot of costume work other than throwing together items of clothing and sometimes making items.

If you're into RP and stuff, have a gander at Steampunk and LARP!

Enjoy your time here, dude.
Back to top Go down
Stil

Stil

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 am

Aww thanks guys n gals <3

Steampunk all the way. I'm looking forward to getting paid on Thursday as I've seen some Nerf guns things in Argos I want to experiment on Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hihihi: Looking for glomp   Hihihi: Looking for glomp Empty

Back to top Go down

Hihihi: Looking for glomp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements/Introductions :: Announcements/Introductions-
Jump to: