Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your character bio's

Go down 
+6
Jesterface
Applecore
Jeff the Ninja Fox
Nanao-chan
Quicksilver
shadowbeam
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Your character bio's Empty
PostSubject: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Here you can post your character bio's Smile
If it helps we can come up with some questions to get you going or templates.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:04 pm

Horatio Quicksilver:

Born the bastard son of a royal duke, Quicksilver was the ostrisized minority of a military tradition. entering the service in Queen Victorias Royal Aeronautical Navy, Quciksilver was held back, bullied, and generally ignored by the majorly Noble officer class. at 17 he was sent to the front lines, aboard the HMS Bonaventure, to fight the Eastern Assembly.

As a middshipman, he showed both promise and talent for the air, and quickly rose in resposibility - leading boading parties and cannoade, until he recived a battlefield promotion to bridge crew, though it ranckled brass back home.

At the age of 23, during the battle of Trinity Gulf, Quicksilver was forced to assume command of the Bonaventure, when a good proportion of the bridge crew was lost in a near suicidal bombardment offensive. now distrusing of top brass, Quicksilver never the less followed orders to the letter.

The final straw came when Quicksilver was orderede to bomb non hostile villages beloning to the Red Block. rather than carry out the mass murder of women and children, Quicksilver led a rebellion, which the majority of his crew followed him on. in an act of defiance, Quicksilver fled south into the New India Trading Federation, and disappeared amoungst the pirates of the Indian Terretorial States and the South China Sea.

Quicksilver now works as a freelance Privateer. Though hewould be classed as a pirate by the Britannian navy, he still considers himself loyal to the crown, if none of its subjects. he considers himself a gentleman of the skies, and is the subject of dozens of Penny Dreadfuls - with only half of them based on truth
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:28 pm

It's my first go, been thinking about this for a bit...but any input would be handy lol

Julia Datchery:

Julia is a medic who lost her crew three years ago in an accident which she believes was set up in order to kill her. Julia is a secretive person, hiding much of her past from those around her, even her old crew. Only her old Captain knew she used to be an assassin.

Julia now believes there is a price on her head and keeps to the shadows. Most only know of her reputation as healer, very few ever see her. She now wanders London, giving her services to repent for all the lives she took, using her skills and knowledge now for healing. Julia lives by a strict code and will harm no other living soul.

Will add to it more
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

a good start - has a lot of potential
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Cheers Smile
shall add to it as i think about her more and it comes together
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:09 pm

I had actually been thinking this up since Kitacon, so nearly two months. Obv still working on it so heres the basics.

Florence Hemmington:

Having been dumped on the on the door step of Hemmington Orphanage, Florence never knew where she came from or where she was heading. A bright child, spending all of her time learning the proper ways of one day becoming nothing more than a wife. Fed up with the restrictions of the orphanage and lower class life she runs away to find her fame and fortune. After many years of drifting and learning the trade of pickpocketing, her training in etiquette allows her to infiltrate the balls and parties of nobility. Using the alias of Florence La Via she often seduces the upper classes then robs them blind. She takes from the rich but usually forgets to give to the poor....

She usually makes her way by stowing away and hitchhiking on skyships or the nearest steamtrain. Well spoken usually but often slips into her working class accent when angry. Very brash and hates being told what to do. Very quick witted and knows how to look after herself. Often she will feel down about not knowing her past and hates being looked down on by the upperclass snobs. She will always have her tool belts hidden under her expensive clothes filled with all she needs to crack into a safe.

Like Shadow, will add more as the ideas come.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:31 am

ooooooh I love it!
I remember you mentioning something similar to this after Kitacon to me. Love how you know your characters traits so well Smile
Something I need to work on as I only have the basic's of my character atm.
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySat May 22, 2010 7:05 am

its only a rough outline at the moment

Victoria Wordsworth
She started out life in a middle class family of good background, but when she fell in love with a common engineer and decided against her families wishes to marry him at the age of 19 she was disowned, as such she is very careful when entering into friendships as her trust in people was shaken. After her and Peter got married they opened up an engineering and repair business and built militia and bespoke weaponry on the side of their business, but when she was only 22 and only been married for 4 years, Peter was conscripted into the army, to help hold territory in the African Provinces, shortly after he was killed in battle when a raid on enemy camps went wrong. Due to this she hates and distrusts politicians, the royals and the goverment in general whether they are to do with the military or not. Also because of the violent nature of her husbands death she finds it hard to be around weaponry and only carries the weapon that belonged to her dead husband but vows to never use it. After she found out about her Husbands death she sold their engineering and repair business to buy the airship, the reason she doesn't pilot or captain it her self is that she has a very bad sense of direction which fustrates her pilot very much as such is never allowed near the maps or allowed to give directions, although she has a large say in the destinations and running of the ship.

She is an introverted person who doesn't talk about her past, but who decidedly looks to the future with hope and believes that flying abord an airship will help to heal her heart. She still invents and builds new weaponry but refuses to provide for the military and will only take bespoke commissions, usually made by her captain Elsie, to help fund her travels aboard the airship. She is also very motherly towards Elsie, and always scolds her when she is being too violent or rude etc.

She flys aboard the Notre Liberte (means Our Freedom in French) with her captain Elsie, who is a street erchin from Ireland, who Victoria found and could feel due to her own unfortunate circumstances that she could trust her as Elsie too felt the same distrust towards the goverment and military.

As i said its quite rough and i am still developing her character
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:56 pm

nanao chan, and ninja fox, both excellent characters - well rounded, with a hint of mystery and a facination with stange and bespoke technologies - am looking forward to hearing more about them.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:11 am

Wow Jeff ^^ That's so good!!

Everyone has really thought thier characters through! Very cool Smile

This gives me the push to work on my own character more!
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:23 am

haha thankies ^_^ i looked at it as a drama exercise and the whole creating a character technique stuff which i am not too shabby at ^_^ which is fun

Aww Shadow you can do it!!! ^_^ it will be cool when we all have our steampunky outfits
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Steampunk tea party at Alcon?
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:57 pm

I really want to make a character but I have no idea where to start! Any advice anyone? Creative writing is totally not a skill I have -_-
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:23 pm

I think steampunk teaparty is a must ^_^ haha

its not really about creative writing... you can kinda base it on your own character traits and stuff... firstly think of a name haha... also if you lived in a steampunk world what would you want to be or do? would you like to invent, or be an alchemist, or be a healer, its really quite fun once you get started ^^
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Oooooo big yes to the steampunk tea party ^^

And yeah i think Jeff pretty much gave you perfect advice there Smile

Maybe have a read through other bio's around the net?
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Its one of the few things on which i can give advice, i've had to make up waaaaaaaaaay to many characters that its slightly second nature, but definately getting inspiration from other peoples bio's is a really good idea ^_^ i'd always had a name in mind so i was lucky with that ^_^

Also i really think someone should have the steampunk name Olivia Nightingale... i don't know why... its just epic...
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Wow that is a beautiful name!!

I'm always writing original stories and the characters just kinda evolve themselves tbh, I try and start off with a small amount of info, the basics, then they just go from there, it's like thy build themselves, creepy....
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:41 pm

I know!!! when i thought of the name i had already started creating my OC so i couldn't change the name as that would be kinda wrong and wouldn't be my character anymore...

I know i love writing, but its true start with a small amount of detail and watch it grow ^^ and when you read stuff back sometimes it can be really suprising as a character may not of finished up how you thought they would.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Ah yeah that happens to me all the time lol, and it all just flows naturally once you are writing, and you knwo what that character would do, as opposed to another character. And it's not always what you want them to do ><
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:44 pm

*nods* i know what you mean, which is why i'm bad at planning stories cus i don't want to tie my character down!!! i'm writing one at the moment and i really like the character but i think she may go a bit evil i'm not sure yet
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Ooops currently going off topic, should probably resume this in 'fanfiction' or general chat or something ><
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:48 pm

haha woops... sowwwy...
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Something a little different perhaps, Tovarisch?   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:51 pm

In progress!

Name: Grigori Anton Romanoff

Grigori was born in 1901 in the then Russian port of Odessa. In 1905, he witnessed the return of the Battleship Potemkin to the port, following the mutiny by the crew against the Tsarist officers, and the riot following that led to the Tsarist soldiers attacking the people on the Odessa steps. This event profoundly affected Grigori’s life, as well as that of his family, as in 1917, with the fall of the Tsarist regime and the introduction of the CCCP as the government; Grigori found himself longing to serve his now glorious nation.

Okay: updating with a skeleton of his background (still working on details).

Grigori joined the Voenno-Vozdushnye Sily (Military air force, abbreviated as BBC in Cyrrilic).
Placed on an experimental dirigible craft, eventually asked to go investigate reports of strange happenings at the location of the Tunguska Event of 1908.
Strange happenings are a hole in space-time, dirgible is dragged in.
Grigori survives the reality-tempest, most of other crew perish.
Exiting the reality-tempest, the ship finds itself on the other side of the planet, the hole sealing behind them. They have also taken on a number of new passengers, various people from various time periods and countries.
They explain the situation, that they are time-lost, but know they can never go back to their own times for disrupting the nature of space-time. Deciding to stay in this newly-found world (the world of Steampunk), they band together and call themselves 'Anachronauts' and work to combat threats to reality, whilst also combatting pirates, privateers and various air forces.

Gonna keep working on this, but this is to give you all an idea on how he got to where he is.

Last edited by Jesterface on Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:54 pm

oooo I like it, and I like that it's Russian too ^^ Got some originality in there!
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Yes im putting my moderator foot down here. Cos i can lol. Yeah might be best to talk about that in fiction section.

Apple- For you being able to develop a character might be worth doin it 'backwards'. Find an item of steampunk that you like- a dress, boots or prop. Then think about what type of person would wear it and develop a person from that item u have just seen. might be a good way to start off if ur struggling.

Thats pretty cool Jester, looking forward to hearing more about Romanoff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's Empty

Back to top Go down

Your character bio's
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: Steampunk-
Jump to: