Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ok so i will make another cosplay this year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akemi

Akemi

Ok so i will make another cosplay this year Empty
PostSubject: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:51 am

What exactly i have no idea....
Ideas are welcomed, while i do still want to do a steampunk costume i dont have anyone i know interested in the fashion itself so i may struggle to come up with anything myself
So watch this space
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Quick is your man for Steampunky stuff Smile
other than that, it's always a toughie to think up characters for someone, maybe some general direction? What kind fo character are you after?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:26 am

sure, any help you need for the steampunk stuff, i'll be more than happy to help, and if you want weapons props at a good price, i also do comissions
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah im thinking ill do my original character.
Rose
She has a pretty awesome gun but im not to sure if its "Steampunky enough" if thats possible.
Shes middle class, so fairly Posh but not so posh shes noble or anything.
Hidden side with weapons, quite quick with them, uses her shy side to fool people into believing shes not a threat.
Although shes never killed anyone.
I really need to jot some ideas down on paper
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Ok so which one of these two?

Black

Red

For rose?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:03 pm

I personally think the black would look better, as it will match your wig. If you combined that with a white blouse and a maroon or dark red shrug or jacket with a black fur or lace ruffled at neck and wrists would offset that perfectly. If you cut the skirt to be black with a red underlayer, it would show when you move and when you draw your pistol - which, trust me, I have ideas to make it more than a little steampunk while maintaining a streamlined look. Wasc looking at a cross between a 14th century French fueling pistol and a western revolver, with the chambers hollowed and replaced with crystal and wrapped in brass wire.

Now, with a small, elegant hat and half veil, done with an eye catcher done in dark feathers, and accent everything with small touches of silver. Add in a thick, loose leather belt with some pockets on one side, and some black lace or leather gloves, and you have an elegant steampunk outfit.

If, however, you think that ensemble looks too vampires, then replace the jacket with light beige leather or suade, use the red corset instead, use a chocolate silk blouse and high calf length boots, with gold and brass jewelry and accents, and you have a completely different look. Replace the hat with a tricorn French military hat and make sure the jacket is a cavalry jacket and you have another look again. Though probably that would look better with trousers.

Sorry, I tend to ramble when it comes to costume
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:07 pm

No not at all i appreciate the accuracy and detail you give.
Hmmm perhaps i could hire you as my fashion designer lol.
Sounds great, i think the black was a better choice, reds a bit racy for me i think
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm not nearly as accurate with men's fashion. Women's is just so much nicer to work with. Did find a wonderful ankle length dress just now. It buttons in a twin line down the front, so you can wear it as a dress, or fasten it into trousers let's. Very nice, and would suit a duel natured character well
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Sounds lovely, im just gonna have to work even more hours to buy all these lovley things i keep getting into.
Oh dear
Sooo expensive.
*cries*
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Unfortunately true. However, primark is your friend. Their current collection has a lot of potential
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:39 pm

We dont get a primark until summer i dont think, nearest one to me is like grimsby and thats rubbishly small.
So Hull or Doncaster, again more expense getting there. Bloody sucks, esp when you dont drive like me.
So ebay it may well be
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 pm

How easy is Scunny>Lincoln? We have two Primanis, one of which is sizable.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm

what would you think to something like this as the basis for the De'lancier gun? Not that i'm saying i could make anything near as cool as this, but it'll be a start at least:

Ok so i will make another cosplay this year Hb_14.25.1425
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 am

Oooh that looks very nice, but also very complicated lol
I think id prefer it in more of a silver colour, but then when it comes to these things i know nothing!
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:37 pm

I think silver would be perfect, will set it apart too! with a silver rose cameo surrounded by black maybe? I think that would be perfect
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Yeah i concur!
Plus i think it would look a little more like Rose's if it was silver!
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Not to worry, I thought that myself. That picture is of a wheel lock pistol that belonged to king Charles the IV, and was naturally gold, but most wheel locks were a lot simpler. It's basically a flintlock with a clockwork firing pin rather than a taper or blast cap. What I thought of doing was taking a toy pirate pistol, taking off the handle, repositioning that, the taking a toy revolver, taking the cylinder to pieces and build that into the sides of the weapon, replacing the firing pin with clockwork, and then building up the sides with fake wood and modeling putty. Add in an 'engraving' of roses on one side and a rose cameo on the other, give it a silver paint job and voila - sorted.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:16 am

You make it sound so easy lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok so i will make another cosplay this year   Ok so i will make another cosplay this year Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok so i will make another cosplay this year
Page 1 of 1