Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My steampunk Costume

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Akemi

Akemi

My steampunk Costume Empty
PostSubject: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Well its till not happend, i have patterns and everything but no enthusiasm to make anything.
Plus no one local to me likes steampunk so i have no one to ask adivce etc.
Has everyone here given up on it too?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:50 pm

How come you don't have any enthusiasm for it anymore?
Meh, maybe you could just ask for advice on here? And join us for a photoshoot sometime? Smile
I've not given up on it, esp now we are starting the roleplay again, means i'm more motivated to do it cause my character means something
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 am

Despite the Lincoln steampunk presence, I've gone off it a little. Some of culture seems really pedantic and snippy, and if anything is wrong with the costume, they'll immediately get on your case about it. Which is my my 'industrial revolution' fantasy setting is a little more 'Fable II', highwaymen and flintlocks, etc.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:52 am

ok ive made a start
Found an old wig in my cupboard i thought would carry Rose well, so i took a few derp shots to test.
I finally feel in the mood for starting her now, thoughts please?
Also i found a pretty trinket im going to add in some how.
My steampunk Costume Sp_a0311
My steampunk Costume Sp_a0312
My steampunk Costume Sp_a0313
My steampunk Costume Sp_a0314
My steampunk Costume Sp_a0315
My steampunk Costume Sp_a0316
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 am

Wow, really did not realise that was a wig until I scrolled back up and actually read the text!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:22 am

Yeah its a great wig ive had it a few years now, been used for allsorts.
I was just testing it out as im not 100% if its right for Rose as she was supposed to have brown hair, but black isn't much different.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:12 am

The wig looks great, and the charm eod look fantastic as a hairgrip in it. Get a couple of pheasant feathers, a little lace, some brass or silver jewelry chain, and hack it all with a hair grip and you'd have a fantastic eye catcher there.

And I too couldn't have said that was a wig if you hadn't said first
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 am

oooooooh i really like the idea of the hairclip that sounds great.
Where can i get pheasant feathers from?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:15 am

WWW.thefeatherfactory.co.UK sells loads of types of feathers at reasonable prices, including pheasant plumage and crest.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks Quick its definitely something im going to look into! Im actually quite looking forward to Rose coming together properly. Ive found a corset i love which im planning on buying

Corset
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 pm

oh em gee, that corset is just stunning!!! The wig is perfect i think, it's just as i imagined Rose to be! I deffo think you've found the perfect hair there, and agree a headdress would look stunning with it
For some reason i pictured her in red, probably cause she is called rose lol.

Gah, let me know if you don't get the corset.....cause i will lol
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:46 pm

lol im deffo getting the corset i just lurrvvvvvve it, but no harm in you ordering yourself one for wearing opposite me lol
Yeah i think she will end up being a little goofy once she settles into the crew lol

Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

awww that seems cute ^^
maybe i'll see if they have it in another colour more suited to Julia ^^
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah ill have a look also, i like lookig at them they are all sooo pretty.
Heres one thats nice
Corset
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 pm

oooooo i do like that one too lol, ok now i'm gonna ahve a look, gonna look for a black underbust one for Julia. She always seemed to me to have a quite simple functional style: underbust corset, white high necked shirt, long black skirt.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Yeah that seems like it will fit best. Do you think the crew will have any kind of Identification? Patches etc like was suggested before?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Might be worth looking into, but since we are mostly women we might go for somethign a little different? perhaps some kind of ring?
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Yeah or maybe a necklace? something funky anyway
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 am

waqs thinking something like this when i thought of the facinator accessory:

My steampunk Costume Il_570xN.196151697
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:47 am

Yeah thats really nice, im going to have to purchase a glue gun i think and put something together.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Ok so i thought i had a great day today. I came across a blouse in my local select for £3 yes thats £3 and couldnt resist. Lace and everything. Only problem is its dark Navy!
Is this a wrong colour for steampunk?
Should i dye it Black?
Help would be appreciated.
Oh heres a pic

My steampunk Costume Sp_a0412

My steampunk Costume Sp_a0413

Also i have a picture of my sovereign necklace i got for my 21st could it too be used as steampunk or is it too gold! (i wont be altering it, it was expensive)

My steampunk Costume Sp_a0414
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 pm

There isn't a colour in the spectrum that is wrong for steampunk. People assume that the Victorian were dull and brown, but the simple truth is that we lack colour photography. The Victorian era saw the rise of the textile mill, the British empire, and the invention of cheap, mass produced colour dyes. So exotic fabrics and styles were sought after, colours were a riot of bright and dark shades that simply hadn't been available before. If blue looks good, wear blue. The only negative connotation of navy blue blouses in my mind is that it reminds me of school house matrons, with the tight bun hair and a lethal hand with a cane. The typical colours of steampunk Clare there because they are generic. Everybody wears them because everybody wears them. Don't be afraid to break the mould.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 pm

hmm im not 100% i love the style and lace but im not sure myself on the colour.
Typical since its perfect otherwise.
Maybe keep it as a back up or as something different.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Oh i got my Corset back off a friend. Is it too Blue for steampunk????
My steampunk Costume P1804110
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:21 am

Make steampunk your own, don't follow the trends/tropes that others have set up as this is in defiance of the 'punk' element of steampunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My steampunk Costume   My steampunk Costume Empty

Back to top Go down

My steampunk Costume
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next