Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Terminator films

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Ok im only doin this purly cos im watching The Terminator on the iPlayer lol. Does anyone love these films as much as me? and if so why? Besided the third film i loved all of these and how they slot together with small details falling into place.

As a female scifi nerd I love the speech that Kyle Reese makes to Sarah, confessing his love-

Kyle Reese: John Connor gave me a picture of you once. I didn't know why at the time. It was very old - torn, faded. You were young like you are now. You seemed just a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that moment. I memorized every line, every curve. I came across time for you Sarah. I love you; I always have.

awwww! Most romantic scifi line ever!

I love all the characters and the progression of them over the films. Except for the third film. Most people didnt like it saying that it was too cheesey, that it added nothing to the story line. I think that it did as it would have been weird jumping from T2 to Salvation without seeing judgement day. But there was somethings that just were not needed such as more terminators and the very long almost boring fights between the two terminators. It was an ok film but my biggest bug bear was John Connor. Hes an adult now, fully trained in armed combat and technology warfare. I imagined him as being the stealthy badass that would carry round granades and survivalist kits. But hes reduced to a cry baby that always insists that they run away and hide! Thats not how the leader of the last human resistance should act in my opinion.

Any one else agree?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Isn't T2 and Judgement Day the same film? Did you mean it'd be weird to jump from T2 to Salvation without seeing Rise of the Machines?

Really enjoyed T1 and T2 (cried at the end) but not seen 3 or Salvation, neither tempt me overmuch.
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Yeah sorry I forget the name of the third one cos i watched it once and didnt want to watch it again >.<. I cried at T2 as well lol. I highly reconmend Terminator Salvation. Just skip the third film, you can get by without watchin it lol.
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:44 pm

The first film is great, but admittedly I haven't seen it in years. Judgement Day is one of my favourite films of all time though. It's an absolute classic. The ending does make me cry, but then I'm a proper wuss when it comes to films.

Wasn't too keen on the third, and I'm yet to see Salvation.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:46 pm

i'm rare - i absolutely loved the Sarah connar chronicles, both season 1 and 2. though i agree about three and salvation. if salvation had been different on just a couple of things, it would have been the best of the four. but alas, they copped the ending
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:52 pm

I know what you mean about the ending of Salvation. Without givin too much away, I did kinda see that one bit coming but it didnt stop me from really enjoying the film. I really liked seeing the machine city and where Kyle got his barcode tattoo. I sat grinning like an idiot in the cinema when the theme muisc kicked and a young Kyle said his famous line.
Not seen Sarah Connor chronicles. I heard that they took a few liberties with the plot and sending back terminators all the time. I was also told that it fucked about with all the rules of time travel? like only being able to take living items through time. I havnt seen it so im not sure lol
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:39 pm

pretty much ran all over time travel, yeah. i like to think it created a parrelel universe where none of the original rules applied, because it pretty much destroyed the plot of the third movie (not a bad thing at all). But Summer Glau as a terminator learning to be human was actually quite awsome
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Iv'e seen some of the chronicals, realllly really good, LOVED Summer Glau!...as always
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:17 am

aye, she should get more parts, but seems to have been typecast as an odd duck. only other thing i've seen her as was herself, appearing in an episode of big bang theory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terminator films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator films   Terminator films Empty

Back to top Go down

Terminator films
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: