Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buying steampunk

Go down 
+2
Jeff the Ninja Fox
Nanao-chan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Not all of use can be trusted with a tool kit to make Steampunk gagets or clothing. Thought would be a good time to post up links for all us noobs!

Good old trusty -Etsy

Any more for any more?
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:17 am

to be fair ebay is quite good, they have some nice corsets and jackets... also have seen a few nice guns on there!
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 am

I got my welding goggles from a tool shop and my 'aviator' goggles from eBay. Seem a few things on Etsy, but most of it has been stuff that I've considered for my future larp character, Thorg.

Some events might have steampunk gewgaws and whatnot, or even things that aren't sold as steampunk but could fit really well (like a collapsible farseer my friend got me for my 21st).
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:35 am

I spend most of my time trauling through junk shops and the like. Car boot sales are also a great place to find bits and pieces. Anywhere that sells retro jewelry will now carry keys and ivory portraitsa and the like. Retro and goth shops have taken up the cause, as well, and as some of you may know from shopping with me, mainstreet shoe shops have taken to bringing lots of boots with brass bits and lots of buckles, which is all to the good.

Online, I tend to use etsy or deviantart or instructables for inspiration. However, there are a lot of shops listed in my steampunk links thread, including my favorites, Prof maeltroms, and Clockwork Couture. Will update the list soon to include more. Also, Nerf is the place to go for a cheap and easy steampunk weapon. Also, as you may have guessed but I make most of my stuff out of toys, so toys r us is a good go
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Past Times

It has really cool Compasses! and that sorta thing...

i bought a really nice one to attach to my characters belt, she needs it cus she always gets lost
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:25 pm

They have nice things there Smile Were they expensive?
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:12 am

my compass keyring was like £3 its got a massive sale on at the moment so i don't think they should be too expensive...
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:36 am

have you got a link for that site?
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:00 pm

http://www.pasttimes.com/

there ya go ^_^ hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Didnt think id really bother with steampunk but the more i look the more i like lol
I found this little pocket watch which i love and i love the rose detail. I think it could play quite well into my character
[url=Pocket watch]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Antique-Steampunk-Rose-NECKLACE-QUARTZ-POCKET-WATCH-FOB-/150490106742?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_Pocket_Watches_Accessories_ET&hash=item2309e8cb76#ht_5254wt_911[/url]
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:27 pm

wowww thats really pretty!!
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 pm

well my characters name is Rose De'Lancier
shes 22 and thats as far i i have gotten so far.
I just thought that would suit her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying steampunk   Buying steampunk Empty

Back to top Go down

Buying steampunk
Page 1 of 1