Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tips for non-cosplayers and spotters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amethyst

Amethyst

Tips for non-cosplayers and spotters Empty
PostSubject: Tips for non-cosplayers and spotters   Tips for non-cosplayers and spotters EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:35 am

I thought I'd put this up here, from my own experience and others I've heard of. If you like to add anything, please do.

Visibility and sometimes movement is impared in certain costumes; think fursuits, quadsuits, winged suits etc. Be aware that the person might not see you if they're in a mask. So don't go glomping some cuddly looking Kyuubi, because he might not see you and you could hurt them. Approach from the front and make sure they see/acknowledge you.;

I've personally been glomped from behind in a costume, if wasn't nice as we were near a set of stairs and I was wearing very awkward footware. I've also had my tail tugged, which leads me to....

poking/pulling/tugging of costumes. I know a friend who had her Alien costume's tail snap off because someone tugged it. You also may have grubby fingers. Someone whose spent huge amounts of time and money on their costume doesn't want crubs or sweaty finger marks on them. If your a spotter, watch out for any little child who might try to pull at tails, cloaks etc.

I'll probably think of something else to add, and this is generally towards fursuits, masked costumes.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com

Tips for non-cosplayers and spotters
Page 1 of 1