Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cosplay most proud of?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Cosplay most proud of? Empty
PostSubject: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Im goin to kick off this one with a pic

Cosplay most proud of? 25402_10150147199690508_522060507_11881017_3682181_n

Im the one in the middle as Hisagi from Bleach. It still needs tweaking like binding my chest and posing properly (along toning up the arms >.<) but I was v proud of my weapon as it was the first time I had ago at props. It was so cool to have people stop and look in approval just with the words "Nice one!". I even had a fan girl, which made my day lol.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:34 am

That cosplay does look seriously awesome on you!

Sooooo good at crossplay lol

Now i need to learn how to post pictures on here
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:29 am

took me a while to figure it out. if u want to link on from ur facebook, right click it and then properties. paste and copy that code between the [img/] [img\] thingys and it should show.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Gotta be this one, first cosplay I ever made, and got the best reactions!
Cosplay most proud of? 24731_10150161433585447_580845446_11686711_2492178_n
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Both awesome Smile I'm way too lazy/obsessed with lolita to put any real effort into cosplay lately >_<
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:38 am

I do love your Harley Quin Outfit Shadow and so does everyone else by the looks of things ^_^
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:18 am

I'm still rather fond of my Tamama cosplay
Cosplay most proud of? Tamama_full_by_metalik_fairy

Also my latest one;
Cosplay most proud of? Beware_of_Traffic_by_metalik_fairy
I'm a car, I'm a car, feed me petrol, I'm a car!
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:21 am

Love Ame. I think Shadowbeam may want a chat with you on how to make your Tamama head. lol she is trying to make a Yoshi one and last I heard it was doin her head in >.<. They look awesome btw ^^
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:14 am

Nanao-chan wrote:
Love Ame. I think Shadowbeam may want a chat with you on how to make your Tamama head. lol she is trying to make a Yoshi one and last I heard it was doin her head in >.<. They look awesome btw ^^

I'd be happy to help. Yoshi the little Mario Dinosaur right?
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:23 pm

The one and only! might be worth pm-ing her as she has to work alot and might not see the thread.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:09 pm

lol thanks Nanao but I'm doing well on the head atm, ofc any tips are always welcome! It's always good to hear about different ways of doing things Smile Though i must say, i'm sure sure i could handle wearing a papier mache head hehe
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:09 am

shadowbeam wrote:
lol thanks Nanao but I'm doing well on the head atm, ofc any tips are always welcome! It's always good to hear about different ways of doing things Smile Though i must say, i'm sure sure i could handle wearing a papier mache head hehe

Just becareful if its too hot; papermache doesn't breathe and can get soggy ( ew).
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 am

Yeah think i'll probably pass on the papier mache hehe, iv'e almost done the head for Yoshi anyway, but plenty more to come! I pretty bad at any papier mache anyway mind you Razz
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:22 am

shadowbeam wrote:
Yeah think i'll probably pass on the papier mache hehe, iv'e almost done the head for Yoshi anyway, but plenty more to come! I pretty bad at any papier mache anyway mind you Razz

I might put a tutorial on here for people to reference. Yoshi has quite a big head so it shouldn't be too bad.
If I were making a Yoshi mask I'd go for a small ( headsized) beachball. Mache that. Then get two smaller balls/balloons/tinfoil rolls for his cheeks and another large ball, but smaller than the head, for his muzzle. Then two more balls or egg shapes for his eyes. Sight would be interesting; I'd either dimple the nose on either side and situate the eyes lower to see out of or make it out of mouth, with some red gauze.

If your eye sight is effected or you costume empeds you ( walking, manuvability) get a spotter/watcher to walk with you. They can tell you of upcoming hazards, if anyones about etc.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:33 am

That's almost exactly what I did anyway but with polystyrine balls and foam and stuffing because I wanted it to have more of a soft toy feel. Appreciate the tips but since I've almost done it I probs won't be making it again lol.
Visibility wise I basically have the eyes where the eyes are lol, works out pretty well
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:38 am

cool, can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Can't wait to finish it lol, iv'e deffo not found it easy and it took a long time to work out the head stuff, as Nanao said I was having alot of trouble, it's only just now that iv'e got it sorted tbh ><
I will be coming to you for tips galore when I start my next project!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay most proud of?   Cosplay most proud of? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosplay most proud of?
Page 1 of 1