Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with eyebrows?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Help with eyebrows? Empty
PostSubject: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:45 am

Tried on my wigs for my latest cosplays and realised they looked a bit dodgy because they are light coloured and I have very dark eyebrows ><

Only thing I can come up with is to put some eyeshadow over my eyebrows in the colour of the wig in hope to lighten them up a bit. Was wondering if anyone knew any tips or ideas on how I could make my eyebrows look lighter without dyeing them ><
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:57 am

:O was just browsing to see if I could find anything on this and came across this post on cosplay.com:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=152632

Basically, it says if you paint over your eyebrows with PVA glue (must say washable on it) and then paint over with your desired colour presto! look's like you have different coloured eyebrows!
Apparently it works for the whole range of colours and will just wash off with warm water and soap.

The photo's look pretty cool so i'm gonna try this out later this week when I'm off work and post some piccies Wink

Only problem is it doesnt really say what paint to use, only to not use watercolour or the like cause it's too thin. So i'll experiment a little Wink

If anyone else has any idea's on how I could do this please post and i'll try em all out!
Back to top Go down
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 am

With my blonde wig, I got a white eyeliner stick and went over mine with them, blending and adding. Then if you add a bit of really light blonde eyebrow pencil, brings out the warmth. This worked really well for mine, and my eyebrows are pretty dark.

Also, helps if you tweeze/wax them into a more defined shape - then you don't have the lil dark hairs around your eyebrows that would ruin the hiding of the colour Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Ah that sounds like a really good idea Smile especially for blonde wigs, might give it a go, one of my wigs is purple and one is pink though
Back to top Go down
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:42 pm

Ah well then that idea looks really cool Smile Would you not get bits of pva in your eyebrows though? I'm gonna give it a go :p what're your wigs for?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 am

apparently its supposed to cover both your eyebrows, but washes out really easy...im gonna test it first lol ><

it's for Moka and Mizure from rosario & vampire
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:45 am

lol I think someone posted a similar question on 4chans /cgl/ board and got " Shave them off, draw them back on!" replies.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't like cosplay THAT much... wonder if she did lol
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:19 pm

I also heard you can put thick enough foundation over the top and then draw on top of that. Atleast, I think it was foundation; the clipping was japanese.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with eyebrows?   Help with eyebrows? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with eyebrows?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: Help, Tips & Tutorials-
Jump to: