Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheap Contact Lenses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Amethyst

Amethyst

Cheap Contact Lenses Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:31 am

This site here; http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop/movie-contact-lenses.cfm seem very good. Not bought anything from them yet but you can search by colour, theme etc.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 am

This place is good for circle/coloured lenses

<<Pinky Paradise>>

**On a side note though, please don't buy contacts online without having your eyes checked by an optician first please! And make sure you know what you're doing and all that jazz, you only have one pair of eyes, putting things in them can be dangerous!**

Sorry, annoying warning message over XD
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:26 am

Speaking of contact lenses, Yaguar got an awesome pair of cat eyes ones and we found they kept moving round so they didn't stay lengthwise but kept going horizontal Sad
Anyone have any idea how you can stop this happening?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:33 am

I remember finding some cool FX lens websites years ago, but they were quite expensive.

I should also get myself in with a proper eye doctor after being told i have a mark on the back of one eye that could either be dark pigmentation or a tear. Also when I discovered I have astigmatism, which could make contacts difficult... WOO, go fail eyes.
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:10 am

@Shadow Im not sure what would cause that but it might be that the base curve is wrong for his eyes or maybe he has some astigmatism, has he had his eyes tested recently?

Jesterface wrote:
I remember finding some cool FX lens websites years ago, but they were quite expensive.

I should also get myself in with a proper eye doctor after being told i have a mark on the back of one eye that could either be dark pigmentation or a tear. Also when I discovered I have astigmatism, which could make contacts difficult... WOO, go fail eyes.

Depending on how bad your astigmatism is depends on how difficult it will make it. I have astigmatism but it's not too bad so I can actually get away with wearing regular contacts. You can also get toric (astigmatic) circle/effect lenses but they cost a lot more, best Ive seen from a reputable seller was $70 a pair. If you want to try regular lenses you will also need to adjust your prescription slightly to compensate. Can you tell Ive already done a lot of research on this? XD
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:19 am

Just a little ^^;

I'm not too sure how bad mine is, because my eyesight is actually fine, maybe just slightly off 20-20. My dad used to be able to wear lenses (until he had a weird conjunctivitis flare up that's never really sorted itself out), but I think my mum is who gave me the astigmatism.
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:34 pm

If it's not bad enough to affect your eye site then I would think it's only very slight and you should be fine wearing regular lenses Smile Just go for a brand that are known for being more comfortable if you can, EOS are good make
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 pm

That's cool. Still need this following up, I found out about this about a year back and due to getting bogged down in uni work, I put it at the back of my mind. Which should help out the whole lenses situation. Might get some in for LARP Razz
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Yes, def go get 'em checked asap!! *pokes you towards an opticians*

Also if anyone needs an eye test but you dont wanna fork out for it you can get free eye tests if you have a Nectar card, its only at a specific chain, I think Vision Express maybe, they changed it recently
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:44 am

shadowbeam wrote:
Speaking of contact lenses, Yaguar got an awesome pair of cat eyes ones and we found they kept moving round so they didn't stay lengthwise but kept going horizontal Sad
Anyone have any idea how you can stop this happening?

I have some cat eyes like that. You look like hypnotoad if you don't watch out. I just have to manually turn mine back to the way they should be. I think its just that the lens finds it easier to rest that way. If your taking photos or in a masquerade, just have a little pocket mirror handy so you can check, and turn it the right way round.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:04 am

Applecore wrote:
Yes, def go get 'em checked asap!! *pokes you towards an opticians*

Also if anyone needs an eye test but you dont wanna fork out for it you can get free eye tests if you have a Nectar card, its only at a specific chain, I think Vision Express maybe, they changed it recently

Or be on Jobseeker's...
Back to top Go down
Kesshoukei

Kesshoukei

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:53 am

Youknowit.com are very good; I buy my contacts from there :3
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:34 am

Quote :

Not heard of that one before, will have to check it out Smile
Back to top Go down
Kesshoukei

Kesshoukei

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:54 am

shadowbeam wrote:
Quote :

Not heard of that one before, will have to check it out Smile

It's the link in the first post xD
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 am

lmao yeah when i clicked on it i was thinking 'hang on a minute....', didn't recognise the name!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Contact Lenses   Cheap Contact Lenses Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Contact Lenses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: Help, Tips & Tutorials-
Jump to: