Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Got the cosplay itch

Go down 
+2
Jesterface
Nanao-chan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Got the cosplay itch Empty
PostSubject: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:35 am

I walked round town on my lunch break today and i was suddenly hit with a cosplay itch. The sudden need to make something totally awesome and cool. I didnt have time to look around for fabric so i brought some new knitting needles and wool to keep me goin for now but still want to sink my teeth into something. The only cosplay idea i have for now is Lilly from Tekken but I wanna save that one for the new as its goin to be expensive. So come one people! Inspire me!!! what shall i make? loli? cosplay? images and stuff to inspire me would be fab!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Got the cosplay itch 37b4036ce8f20716694c5691c51096b40a5957b9

You know you want to.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:26 am

I am so glad im not the only person who gets these urges, i also Knit to keep myself occupied when im not sewing.

S anyway, it would totally depend on what you want to do really. I also try and narrow things down since i dont really have the cash anymore to make lots of costumes i have to prioritise.
Like my steam punk costume is doubling as my Halloween costume etc
So do you have a budget?
Or you wanting to go all out?

Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am

Recently i've realised that there isnt many people i want to cosplay atm, so i've started coming up with my own original characters Very Happy Maybe thats the way to go?
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:25 am

I have started knitting again too! Started last night while watching Terminator 2 >.<

I think i may have to agree with you shadow, theres no characters atm that really leap out at me. I think i just need something, a spark or something that will inspire me into making a character of some kind. Im goin to have to do more general research i think to find a cosplay i want to do, I really am in the mood for cosplay along with making up my own character.

And Jester....Just no! lol
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:16 pm

And what exactly is wrong with Ren and Stimpy? They raised me better than any biological parents could (I kid).
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

What kind of character are you thinking becks?
I'm planning on making a fantasy themed character, probably a healer since thats what i always end up playing lol
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:57 am

*clears throat*

Ladies... LARP? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:04 am

Kinda been wanting to make a sorta barbarian-ish character. Inspired by much Borderlands shenanigans.

Skull/animal head dress, torn leather jacket...

If anyone ever comes accross a tonne of cheap purple fur then give it me; I want to cosplay King from Cat Returns. Mrow.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 am

these barbarian-ish and healerish ideas - any particulars there? Original characters and such? I am intrigued. As for myself - i have ideas for a series of new costumes, based predominantly on both industrial, tribal, and gothic traditions, with a load of cool stuff thrown in for fun. chances are, next time i come to a show, you won't see any gold or brass on me - unless i'm selling it.

one idea that keeps sticking in my mind is a full face mask, made from a converted gasmask, painted with skull designs, and with a full 'head' of hair made from varying lengths and thicknesses of chain
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:03 am

I was thinking post apoc ( ohhh noooo) design. Gasmask covering half the face, white/unnaturally coloured eyes from radiation. Animal fur head dress, scarf of a boar or wolf. Biker boots, sword/axe weapon.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:28 am

i'd be interested in helping out on that - if you wanted. seems to fit with a lot of the things that have been going on in my own mind of late. (not the gas mask thing, but another project) and with this:

Enslaved

that is driving me nuts at the mo
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got the cosplay itch   Got the cosplay itch Empty

Back to top Go down

Got the cosplay itch
Page 1 of 1