Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My next lolita project....need help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

My next lolita project....need help! Empty
PostSubject: My next lolita project....need help!   My next lolita project....need help! EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Okies so I found this lolita dress on bodyline that I love! But since they never restock it looks like i'll have to make it myself >.>

here is a pic of the dress:
My next lolita project....need help! Stclaop_sh_02

First off, what kind of fabric do you guys recommend?
Also, how many metres do you think i'd need?

For the shirt bit I was thinking either wear a shirt underneath or just but and cut one up?

Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: My next lolita project....need help!   My next lolita project....need help! EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:21 am

That was on bodyline? It looks more like Mary Magdalene

You'd probably need about 3-4 meters to be safe, I'd use nice quality cotton or poly/cotton. For the 'shirt' you could probably make it as a bib, that way it wouldnt ruin the way the rest of the dress sits
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Stil

Stil

PostSubject: Re: My next lolita project....need help!   My next lolita project....need help! EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:56 am

I think wearing a full dress shirt would make the dress hotter (temperature wise) and add a 'visible shirt line', if you're ok with those then keep the shirt intact so you can use it with the rest of your wardrobe, else go with the bib idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thisisstil
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: My next lolita project....need help!   My next lolita project....need help! EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 am

Lol yeah Apple I had major frustrations at the time with bodyline not loading that I just ended up using one that looked pretty much the same, I are impatient.

Agree with you both, I think the bib idea would be best. But I think i'd probably have to buy a shirt then cut it and do some seams on it cause I don't think I hve the skills to make a shirt like that, though alot of that is probably not enough patience...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My next lolita project....need help!   My next lolita project....need help! Empty

Back to top Go down

My next lolita project....need help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lolita :: Handmade Lolita-
Jump to: