Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your character bio's

Go down 
+6
Jesterface
Applecore
Jeff the Ninja Fox
Nanao-chan
Quicksilver
shadowbeam
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Your character bio's - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Lol well Nanao I'm afraid I beat you to it Razz

Nah it's all taken care of, new topic been started int he fanfiction section
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:00 pm

*nods* it has it has ^^

And yeah thats a cool character i like Grigori... i am looking forward to hearing more about him ^^
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:06 pm

What can I say? Russian Revolution period is fascinating, so many different events causing huge social change, a new approach to the use of art, as well as some interesting individuals (i.e. one of my biggest heroes, Grigori Rasputin) Razz
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Cool....thanks for the advice guys :3 Well I have half a name so I guess it's a start, something new for me to think about while I'm bored at work!
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:52 pm

I think instead of mine carrying a gun that belonged to her husband, she is gonna carry her husbands gun that she converted into a drill *nods* yep
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Well, here's mine. Sorry if it's a little long (and a little dark). He's kind of a mad scientist who doesn't realise he's a mad scientist, lol.

Dr. Charles Felix Attaway

From a young age, Charles' parents convinced him he was destined for great things. "Our boy is going to change the world", they would say. He led a happy childhood, and quickly developed an interest in science and alchemy, which his parents were only too happy to nurture. In his late teens, he found himself a profession as apprentice to the town apothecary. But his main passion was his research. In his spare time, he would fill his head with grandiose ideas and goals, determined to discover his greatest invention - one that would change the world.

At the age of 22, he began his research into a drug which would allow the user tremendous levels of focus and concentration. This, he believed, would aid the great thinkers of his time, and, through its success, would allow himself to be counted among them. However, later tests showed that extended periods of usage were followed by an extreme blankness of the mind, which could last for days on end. This would create a dependency on the drug to keep one's thought processes functioning. Through working for months on end to perfect his creation, and using himself as a guinea pig, Charles developed an addiction.

His continued usage of the drug allowed him to develop his next contraption - an encyclopaedia of the mind, created by pooling his knowledge with that of three of his most intelligent colleagues. Their collective wisdom would be transferred as an electrical signal between the men, allowing them all to draw from one another's expertise.

As the experiments progressed, one of the participants expressed reluctance to continue. This was met with rage from Charles, whose thirst for success could not be shaken, and he pressured his friend to take part. During the final experiment, the four were hooked up to Charles' creation. However, the hesitant man withdrew, causing the machine to malfunction, killing him, and leaving Charles and the remaining two men disabled. The three survivors parted ways, and vowed never to speak of the experiments again.

In the days after the project had ended, Charles found that he had developed an incredible understanding of his colleagues' fields of expertise. This allowed him to further his research into apparatus which would restore his previous agility, and keep him alive. Gathering up his work, he left his home, and travelled for many miles, taking with him a broken piece of the machine which had crippled him.

Despite his failed creations, Charles has not lost all of his optimism, and continues to believe he has the ability to do good.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:32 am

ooooo I do like dark and I do like this Vincent!
Now get roleplaying!
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 am

That sounds like a really epic character!!! with a well developed back story aswell ^^
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Hehe thanks. Very Happy Writing the bio has given me some really cool ideas for the costume. And vice versa, I guess, since the bio came about because I wanted the character to wear a respirator. Razz I may well have a look at the roleplaying thread sometime, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Fishyfins

Fishyfins

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 pm

hehe, this is gonna be interesting. my full bio for this character is actually about 10 pages of A4, so lets see if i can condense it down a bit and simplify it for this story XD

name: Milonis Brooke

Milonis is not an ordinary man, if any man can be considered ordinary. Certainly to anyone who looks at him he would appear to be your average person. he stands about 5ft 8 tall, his body lean and sinewey, long in limb. nothing out of the ordinary there. his hair is short and black, and worn in spikes atop his head. his face is well proportioned, with perhaps slightly more nose than he would like. his eyes appear the colour of a stormy sea, green and grey intwined. so who is he, why isnt he ordinary?

Milonis does not come from your world. He is a denizen of a mighty, ancient and peaceful kingdom known as Lagoon, known only to its own people. indeed, any of its citizens who pass on knowledge of the kingdoms existance meet with a swift death, as do those they tell. and if you think they wont find out, they do. to learn of Lagoon, is to find death.
The people live secretly in vast cities on the abyssal plain, in the dark void at the bottom of the deepest oceans. their cities are protected from the pressure and cold by a mighty clear dome, and air is provided by a sophisticated system of pipes. the people of Lagoon look up into the inky blackness of what they call the sky, and see stars shining in the darkness. but look closer. these are not the stars of the surface world. Close inspection will show that these stars are moving, very slowly edging their way across this sky, some even blinking out mysteriously. For these lights in the heavens are not stars, but the luminescent creatures of the depths. Strange fish, their lights beckoning creatures to false safety in their maws. Pulsating jellyfish, elegantly dancing blindly in the inky blackness. The alien squid, a living firework of colour, gliding sinisterly past, its colours changing to match its mood. A living sky, so alien, and yet so familiar, its stars dancing the ballet of life, trying to eke out a living in a land where the light of the sun is totally unknown.

this is the place Milonis calls home. so what is Milonis doing on the surface? Lagoonians are scientists by nature, and the surface world is their petri dish. they study the life and cultures of the surface world as any scientist would study a different ecosystem. their spies, though few, catalogue the rise and fall of empires. their bilogists and zoologists travel the land seeking samples of rare and exotic surface animals and plants to study. the surface world is nothing more than their experiment, yet, they mean it no harm, and are generally peaceful in nature.

Milonis is a simple zoologist and biologist, a student actually. he travels the world in his own submersible - the Archelon, seeking to learn about the life of the surface, hoping it will help him pass his exams, to become a true scientist amongst the elite. however, something went wrong, and his ship was lost. it simply vanished, with nothing but a quickly fading trail leading away. with no other way to get home, Milonis has been stranded on the surface, seeking his craft for many months, slowly losing hope, thinking he will never see his home and family ever again. he is a stranger in a foreign world, lost and without guidance, seeking a way to return home.

when his ship left, it took with it all his posessions except what he was wearning. i current garments consist of a dirty white vest top, a khaki green jacket, with high collar at one side, forming an arc on the other side that sweeps down the front of the garment. he was also lucky enough to have a portable "hive" with him. Lagoonians tend to use a very strange weapon, which they call "bugs". essentially, these are mechanical insects. they can be used for surveilance and spying, as well as defence, and are found within a large canister attached to his arm, with a controling device on the other arm. he owns very little else.

Milonis hopes that with the help of people he meets, he may be able to find information about where his ship is, and how he can get home, without revealing his secrets to outsiders and surface folk.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:53 am

Very in depth, and very different! Look forward to seeing howhe interacts Wink
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 am

Thats such an awesome character, i like the whole concept ^_^
Back to top Go down
Panda

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:58 pm

I've toyed with this story for aaaages, chopping and changing it but I've decided enough's enough! So, here's my steampunk OC, Elsie O'Connell:

Life as a pauper apprentice of the textile factories is an unforgiving existence; work starts early in the morning and lasts well into the late hours into the night, with children constantly running the risk of mutilation or death as they crawl under running machinery to scavenge for loose cotton. In return for their hard labour, a pauper apprentice’s salary is a meagre shilling and five pence per week.

This unforgiving existence makes up most of Elsie’s childhood. As a baby, she’s left on the steps of Shelton House, with nothing more than an old pendant and the tattered rags of a blanket to call her own. She spends five years living in the orphanage, before the mistress of Shelton House sells her, along with a cartload of the orphanage’s children, to Courtauld Mill.

After a day of travelling on the road, they reach the workhouse; their new home for the next sixteen or so years, until their contract with the mill’s owner ends—provided the hazards of working in the factory don’t get to them first.

But through a strike of good luck, Elsie doesn’t have to wait for her 21st birthday (or for illness, mutilation or death to get to her first) before she can leave the mill. A couple of months after she turns fourteen, a fire starts in the terraces surrounding the mill and wastes no time in swallowing up the factory in its blaze.

Elsie, seeing her opportunity, runs. To avoid being found and clapped in irons, she stows away on a steam train headed south, to London. When she reaches London, she cuts her hair, binds her chest and, as Elliot O’Connell, signs up to join the crew of the Marielle, a freighter airship with the destination of the Empire’s African colonies.

However, the England-African trade route is a risky one, rife with piracy despite heavy international military enforcement. A year and a half passes before, inevitably, the Marielle is attacked and raided by pirates of an airship called the Scarlet Knave. In the battle that follows, the Marielle’s captain and first mate are thrown overboard. The captain of the Knave, Isaac Solomon, gives the rest of the Marielle’s crew an ultimatum: join their captain and first-mate or join the crew of the Knave. Many of the Marielle, Elsie included, take up Solomon on his offer.

Elsie, it turns out, is made for the life of piracy; she wields guns and swords with a natural-born ease and loves the thrill of battling and plundering any airship unlucky enough to cross the Knave’s path. It doesn’t take long for her to rise in ranks and become an important member of the Knave’s crew, second only to Solomon’s first mate, Joseph Kaylock.

Two years pass, before this way of life ends for Elsie. The Scarlet Knave, done with a successful string of raids, is about to dock in the port of Tunis when it comes across the Vizcaya, an airship of the Spanish Navy. In the battle that follows, Solomon is killed, alongside more than half of the crew.

Outgunned, outnumbered, their captain dead, they have no choice other than retreat. The Vizcaya, thankfully, doesn’t make to follow them and they land in Tunis. There, the Knave's new Captain Kaylock gathers together men to replace all those lost in the battle.

Then for the next couple of days, while waiting for the Knave to be done with its repairs, Kaylock is left to think. And, unfortunately for Elsie, an idle mind is the devil's workshop. Kaylock knows that Elsie has a majority of the crew's favour - not to mention the way she's already charming the newest members - and, if she wants, she could easily rally them to mutiny against him. He’s waited long enough to become captain and he isn’t about to let her take that title away from him.

To him, there's only one option - to kill Elsie. The day before they're about to leave Tunis, Kaylock sets his plot into motion, paying an assassin to eliminate her. In the dead of night, the assassin breaks into her room at the The Admiral's Head and shoots her twice - one to the stomach, one to the shoulder - then gets a bullet to the head in return.

Kaylock's first mistake: he doesn't do the job himself. His second mistake: he doesn't take into consideration Elsie's mile-wide lucky streak. Elsie, bleeding out heavily from her bullet wounds, manages to stumble out of her room before collapsing at the feet of one Victoria Wordsworth.
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:03 pm

i love how dramatic it is ^_^ Its really well developed and just generally awesome! now STEAMPUNK ROLEPLAY MISSY! haha only if you want too!

But we need to figure out how our characters went on from there!
Back to top Go down
Panda

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:22 pm

I was kinda worried it'd be too melodramatic or grimdark, but I wanted an unpleasantish backstory to explain why Elsie's the jaded, selfish, cynical, angry and untrusting type. And I'll think about joining the roleplay - it's just a matter of knowing when and how to throw Elsie in there.

Also, I was thinking that - from this point onward - Victoria could heal Elsie up. Elsie, indebted to Victoria, joins the Notre Liberte, becomes its captain and they go gallivanting off into the sunset, like the smugglers/con artists/mercenaries/theives/bounty hunters (<-- generally pirates with a tad bit more morality) they are.
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:30 pm

well currently Elsie is asleep at the bar having been in a fight with a local gang... then Julia (Shadowbeam's character) healed you up and you fell asleep...

No i like the melodramticness... maybe its a drama student thing haha...

That sounds good to me! although Victoria isn't a pirate! she only enters into violence to protect Elsie ^_^ cus she's all motherly like that haha...

Read through all the roleplay stuff so you get a feel for the characters i like reading it over so i know where i am! haha
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 am

Its been a while since I posted on here, and a I feel like a stranger. Still - what backstories. I love them. Vincent, fantastic, love the darkness there, and love the idea of a gestalt conciousness device. Might have to borrow that for something unrelated down the line.

Fishyfins - I find myself at a loss for words. You have described, in Lagoon, exactly what I was thinking of for Lost Lemuria, otherwise known as Atlantis, where the progenitors of the human race live in secrecy and rule their progeny from the shadows. also, love the idea of the Hives. makes me think of Yuzen Vong bio-technology. would love to see what that looks like if you're going to do it as a cosplay.

And Panda, wow. Loved it, and want to hear a lot more.

I can see I may have to rejoin the roleplay at some point, now that the stress of losing house and job are all over with. Of course, I want to completely rewrite Quicksilver first. Expect a few posts on the Creative@writing board soon.
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm scrapping Grigori. He needs major work and seems a little dull. In his stead, I shall present;

Jacobi Farrows; Parkour Enthusiast, Detective and Jester.

There was always something unusual about Jacobi. His hair has always had a greenish colouration, while his skin has a slightly purple edge, and his eyes have always been golden. This has never been explained. Jacobi's birth was nothing short of miraculous, as his mother had long been declared barren, further adding to the enigma that is Jacobi.
Even at a young age, Jacobi showed an aptitude for acts of physical agility, such as tumbling, juggling, acrobatics and parkour or 'free running'. He took up death-defying challenges for his friends amusements, soon besting every challenge they set him, his willowy teenage build being his greatest asset. As he grew further, he found an interest in puzzles and eventually mysteries, whilst still practicing his previous art, his build hardly changing. He was soon skilled at picking out details in mysteries, as well as the flaws in other people's characters or appearance, soon earning a smattering of coin for this new art.
Eventually, Jacobi's interest in mysteries led to him becoming a vigilante detective, solving crimes under the noses of the Metropolitan Police, much to their chagrin, and that of the criminal underworld. His name, whilst unknown, was cursed by both criminals and lawmen alike. They never knew how he got in and how he figured things out, and various promises of rewards were put out for his head. Despite this, Jacobi flaunts his humour and agility to the public, under the performance name 'Jesterface'.
Jacobi stands over 6' tall and is lean and wiry, disturbingly so. He wears light, dark cotton clothing, reminiscient of a medieval jester's garb, under a vest holding ten throwing knives, with thigh-long, but flexible boots, with two stiletto daggers slid into them. Over his clothing he wear a leather greatcoat, lined with green silk which is covered in sections of chainmail and flexible metal plating, yet never makes a sound. His hair is shaved upon the back and sides and kept long and dreadlocked on to, tied into a bizarre arrangement of stiff leather straps adorned with bells, akin to a tribal headress. His face is partially scarred on his cheeks and tattooed in places to look like a Jester's make up.

And there you have it.

Last edited by Jesterface on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 am

Been a while since iv'e been on here and posted etc. But the back stories are epic o_0

Would be awesome to get back into the swing on the roleplay section, I just don't wanna take over like we did last time ><
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 pm

yeah we did kinda, nearly every post was one of us two haha, it wasn't our fault our characters just fit really well together!

i'm thinking of creating a new character, cus i had so much fun creating Victoria

My new Character's name is Jane Watson, she isn't veh well developed yet... but so far,
She is a detective who is based in London and obviously is an epic crime solving ability (i'm sure people by now have made the connection to Holmes and Watson, i've actually convinced panda to do a holmes steampunk character) and Jane and Holmes help to solve crimes, except because she is a woman none of the detectives on the official police force except her and she is forced into scrounging for work in the slums solving petty theft crimes and inheritance battles.
She hates that she is being forced into that sort of work, until one day she stumbles accross a crime scene, there has been a murder and it seems like no one can solve it, she steps in with the observations she has made, to which the officers grudgingly agree to listen too, they can't believe that a woman has made so many observations and it has been requested that she joins the force as a Detective on hard to solve and unsolved cases.

i haven't worked out much backstory yet but they are the backbones, also haven't worked out how she meets S Holmes, need to talk to panda about it!
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 am

And thus, Jacobi is finished.

Jeff, hadn't realised you'd done a detective too, seems we've both been taking in far too much Holmes atm. That said, mine's also got a dash of Bill Hicks in the mix. Ooh, I'm a poet and hadn't... quite... realised... yet?
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 am

Jane Watson isn't my main character, i just wanted a go at developing a character thats a bit more of a badass and not an emotional wreck half the time haha

Sherlock Holmes is awesome! and always will be haha watched it from such a young age haha

But Jacobi sounds awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 am

He's an NPC I made for my industrial D&D setting. He's a total badass, but has severe claustrophobia.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:32 pm

okay, been putting this off and putting this off - but really need to do it before Alcon:

Horatio Quicksilver

Quicksilver was born to Money, but never felt at home there. The second son of a Military Man, a veteran of the First Aether War, Quicksilver was expected to join the military like his father, to server oversees and win great honor, while his older brother was raised to inherit his fathers' business holdings - a shipping yard and factory just outside of Manchester, while his younger brother was to go to join the Priesthood, and his dear Sister was to be sold off for political and monetary gain - a wedding of convenience to a man twice her age and four times her weight.

Quicksilver, with the pure faith in a Father Figure that only comes with youth, thought that this was all as it were supposed to be, and followed along eagerly. At the age of thirteen he was enrolled in one of the finest Navy schools in the country, and by Twenty, he was the first officer aboard the Diligence Of The Sword, a Naval frigate serving in Africa during the height of the British occupancy of the land. Needless to say, during his time there, Quicksilver experienced and saw sights that amazed and appalled him - sometimes in equal measure. However, he only saw one thing that truly and utterly destroyed his previously unshakable view of the world.

During land maneuvers in what had been Ethiopia, he and his crew were ambushed by...something that could no longer be called human. It shambled out of a ravine, under the cover of trees, and was on top of the six men before they knew what to expect. It was both slow and ponderous, the flesh of what had once been a man hanging rotted and bloody from its yellow bones. Its eyes were pecked out holes, and its teeth were blackened stumps that seeps a dark, oily substance, which ran down its putrefying skin in rivulets. Needless to say, it stank of death.

In a panic, Hawkins drove his sabre up to the hilt into the belly of the thing, spilling gore and ropes of infested intestine to the ground. The thing walked up the blade, apparently without feeling, and bit Hawkins in the neck, clamped down on his and began to savage him like a rabid animal. Not the first to find his sidearm, but luckily the most accurate, Quicksilver put a bullet between its eyes and blew the back of its skull away with a single round.

Whatever it had been, it fell like limp flesh, and didn't rise, even though a dozen pistol rounds had joined the saber blade, and they had had as little effect. Somehow, Hawkins was still alive, bleeding out, but still alive. The men did their best to seal the wounds, and hauled him between them back toward the ship. He never made it.

Over several hours, his condition worsened, and he grew more and more distant. By evening, he had begun to cough up blood and black bile. finally, the blood stopped - along with his heart. Ten minutes later, Hawkins got to his feet, and tried to attack Quicksilver. He was forced to shoot his own man in the head, and bury him in a shallow grave.

The experience changed him, but not in the way many would have thought. He began searching out what had caused the infection, delving into local folklore and shamanic texts. from there he dove headlong into occult research wherever he could. when he was promoted to captain at the age of 26, upon the previous captains retirement, he used the resources of the ship to hunt down any rumor that fell into line with the myths and legends he had found. he discovered spells and rituals that the secretive shamans of the tribes had kept hidden for millennium from outsiders and the White Man - regrettably sometimes by force. With experimentation, all done in clandestine meetings with only the most trusted members of his crew, Quicksilver even tried some of these rituals - often on himself. He extended his lifespan and his memory, though neither noticeably, as his skill was lacking, and he had yet to discover his true potential.

With his mind opened, Quicksilver eventually found the confines of the Navy suffocating. He left after his tour of duty had finished, and returned to Europe, where he not only sought out more tomes and legends, but also books on sciences - Aether science and engineering especially. he recruited men and women of similar interests or curses to his cause, and began to explore the hidden world in every way he could. he drained his personal savings, and soon began to dip deeply into the family holdings. It took some time, but his Brothers eventually caught up to him. They tried to reason with the half mad man they found, but when Quicksilver tried to justify himself, his Older brother Peregrine called it madness. His Younger brother Segwick called it heresy. They tried to have him arrested. they tried to have him committed Quicksilver went into a rage so deep that he blacked out. When he came to, his hands were stained with the blood of his brothers, and his body was scrawled with designs that warped and twisted the magiks he had learned.

He was appalled, sickened at what he had done - what he was capable of, and what he had done to himself. The souls and energy of his own kin were bound now to his own, empowering him like never before, but his Aetheric self had become twisted - black and shriveled. he had become something evil.

Quicksilver repented then and there - he knew he was damned, but he vowed to spend the rest of his days destroying and burying those secrets that he had discovered. his first targets were the Cabal of sorcerers that he had created, and had led for more than twenty years. having extended his lifespan to a greater and greater degree, though Quicksilver was by now a middle aged man, he looked barely past twenty five.

Now, it is 1984, and London is a place of grand and shining technology. Aether science has made global travel and communication easy and cheap. the rich live in luxury, sitting upon the backs of the teeming masses of the Poor. The shining jewel of a tarnished empire. Yet, in the shadows, the rot of the uncanny and the supernatural lurk - some good, some evil, most drawn to the city for their own purposes, that go beyond the whims of man.

Quicksilver walks a fine line here. A rich man with two lifetimes of knowledge and collected wealth written off as family investments, Quicksilver leads a second life in the shadows, using his technology and the skills of his long obsession to seek out and destroy any that would think to become the same as him. Leading a rag-tag band of men and women that he has saved or recruited along the way, Quicksilver hunts nightly to try and buy back his soul, and save himself from the damned afterlife he knows he deserves.

okay - i didn't actually plan any of that until i was at the sentence or paragraph before, so it may seem a little blocky. been drawing on a lot of inspirations, and i hope it presents something interesting. part of a storyline i am developing based around the group Quicksilver leads, more than the man himself (his Acolytes, as he calls them), so while they are not my character, they are important. there are a few bases, but the outlines for them are:

A Noderunner who shows an almost preternatural skill with Aetherspace (a Hacker)
A scientist who's work in Aetherbinding led to the attention of entities that exist withing the Aether (a Binder/Golem builder)
That same scientists' proudest creation, a Mechanical Golem who has the spirit of a demon powering it
A Scottish Werewolf who is doing anything to stay ahead of the Pack searching for her
A Priest who seeks to redeem Quicksilver by any means necessary
And a collector of occult knowledge, and practitioner of of similar magiks to Quicksilver - though one motivated not by power, but by revenge on the created that created him
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:00 am

Thats a really awesome backstory!!! i love it ^_^
Your character is so well developed, i was reading it and was like... i need more! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your character bio's   Your character bio's - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your character bio's
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: Steampunk-
Jump to: