Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stop judging me... with your eyes...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesterface

Jesterface

Stop judging me... with your eyes... Empty
PostSubject: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:39 am

Yes, I'm asking something about furdom, despite being something of an anti-fur.

What is a good way to construct a full-head wolf mask? There's a character costume that's been added to my pipe-dream costume list and it needs a wolf-mask.

Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:34 pm

From what I understand, easiest way is all foam, Quick has a really good tutorial i'm sure he could link. You could also use that white plastic stuff they use in crosstiching if you want something firmer. If you need any guidelines on the plastic cross stitch thing lemme know, but the youtube tutorial for foam is better than anything i could type lol
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 am

For ease of use, the 'full foam' method works well. 5ft of half inch or 1 inch thickness foam will cost you under 3 quid, and all you need after that point is a glue gun and patience. A good tutorial is available at matrices.net and is a three part video tutorial, so its even better.

However, if you want my opinion on what is the most comfortable method, then investing in a manequin head ( five pound off eBay) and a silk balaclava (again from eBay) and building with foam from there is also a good method, and the resulting head will be closer to your actual headline. The tutoriAL for that is also on matrices.net.

Any other help you need mate, just ask.
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:06 am

Thinking about it, if you wanted to make the mask look like an actual wolf head, and mind this is an extremely advanced technique, you cab purchase taxidermy eyes and jaw sets from eBay, and then build the head Round them. Using a combination of the balaclava method with a plastic canvas moving jaw, you could build an anotomically correct fully articulated head. The only problem with this method is that it is very expensive.

Some pursuits actually make the eye holes very small, though, and use shortly fur combined with makeup and use their own eyes in favour of 'toony' or taxidermy eyes. Will find some pictures to show examples
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 am

I'll probably got for the simpler method. While the fake head thing sounds a plan, it'll probably fall apart when I find my head is bigger than that Razz

I don't need an articulated jaw, but I will be showing bared teeth. And for the eyes I was thinking green lenses, like I did for that welding mask.
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 am

Jesterface wrote:
I'll probably got for the simpler method. While the fake head thing sounds a plan, it'll probably fall apart when I find my head is bigger than that Razz

I don't need an articulated jaw, but I will be showing bared teeth. And for the eyes I was thinking green lenses, like I did for that welding mask.

Wait; is this a fursuit head or something like a battlemask; where its obviously fake but used to scare people?
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:12 pm

A fursuit-type head, I'm wanting to make an Ysengrim costume.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me... with your eyes...   Stop judging me... with your eyes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Stop judging me... with your eyes...
Page 1 of 1