Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

started in on costume pieces

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

started in on costume pieces Empty
PostSubject: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:08 am

Right, I have started to build my costume for gathering, from the head down and starting with the helmet and horns. It has reached a stage already where it is recognizable for what the final product will look like, but due to stupidly long work shifts and a virus that has left me feeling like a zombie, I haven't had the energy to get on a computer I can use to upload the photos. Still, will be using this as a journal of my progress.
Am aiming to make the costume modular, with a couple of interchangeable pieces, just encase I spend all my time on it just to get killed in my first melee.

Planned pieces are:

Horned leather helmet
Horned ritual cowl
Chestplate with pauldrons and spauldrons
Detatachable cape and hood
Greaves
Full digitigrade legs
Outdoor hooves.

At the moment, am making all armor pieces out of foam, plastic canvas, and latex, with silicon paint on top. The armor will also have leather and shade detailing, and will be made to look ragady
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 am

You don't have to worry about the ritual headdress for me, man. I'm grateful for the offer, but I'm not bothered. Got enough finnicky bits for Thorg as it is.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 am

Just thought I'd make one, you know, in case I got killed. Just swap masks, create a new character and wade back in
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:29 am

I'd be careful with that man. If you're a new player and you've got a very basic costume, noone will expect you to have a new one prepped, but if you've got a costume you've made a ton of effort on and you double-use it, it'll show. Which is an utter ballache...
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 am

Well, that's what you'll be there for eh, healer?
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:48 am

progress:

started in on costume pieces 180814_10150149142966011_743346010_8457423_4243562_n
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 am

Get with the times man, Thorg's not a healer. And while he can heal, he won't be wasting any cards on you (or anyone). I got used as a first aid kit last time I incanted, never again. Nah, we have a pirate-healer for that shit. And Nate, with his Light Incant 2 and TOTAL CURE ability (full cure in a fraction of the time/effort of a Channeler, and thus a favourite of Paladins)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: started in on costume pieces   started in on costume pieces Empty

Back to top Go down

started in on costume pieces
Page 1 of 1