Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decoden

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Okay so I have a new obsession. Decoden may just be the sweetest hobby in the world! It is roughly translated to Decoration phone, although it can be applied to pretty much ANYTHING. Here are a couple of examples of what can be achieved Very Happy

http://thestickermonster.blogspot.com/2010/05/decoden-polymer-clay-flowers-and-yummy.html

http://rainbowrebels.blogspot.com/2011/02/decoden.html

There are loads of tutorials, hints tips and advice out there that I think I'm really going to give it a go!

Has anyone else tried this? If so, any pics of what you've managed to create?

I'll put pics up as I manage to do things and give a few tips of my own if anyone is interested Very Happy

Atashix
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Do itttt, your phone looks amazing!
I'd love for you to post pics and tips, i'd love to do it for my own phone but i dont think you can get cases for it?
You should take commissions!
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:00 pm

wow! would love this on my phone. May have to see about giving this ago so lolita up some things around the house.
Back to top Go down
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Well then I shall do Very Happy

Well Kim, I've bought a compact mirror, small box and contact lense cases to try it out on Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:56 pm

ok might need a hand with starting this off lol. any recomendations on where to buy all the little bits from? >.<
Or atashi, did I see that you made such little items?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:44 am

Ooooo might get some stuff to decoden then!
How much is that whippy stuff?
Back to top Go down
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

yeah i know what you mean - I've been reading all sorts over the past few weeks and didn't feel much wiser! Haha. I made some of my decorations myself, the little roses and such, as I had some fimo moulds to begin with. Most things I have bought have been from two sites mainly.
I go to www.etsy.com as they have a wide range of shops who sell different things to get you going. A general 'decoden' search will bring up a whole range and you can find loads of great deals on there.
The second site I have used is sophieandtoffee.com. It is a site that is based in singapore and they have a great range of decoden items.
I have just recieved an order from them which I am extremely happy with - everything came in great condition and great quality.

Decoden     224275_10150584293340177_651190176_18505325_4531782_n

That order cost around £6 I think including shipping. It's not the cheapest place to buy from but their stock is awesome haha.

Whipped-cream-wise I have used 2 different ones so far. The first was air dry clay called fuwa-fuwa
http://sophieandtoffee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/DSC03662-copy.jpg
I found this easy to use but for me, it didn't dry well enough and wasn't very durable. But bear in mind that I used this on a phone case so it was quite thickly applied. A lot of people use it for rings and such and say it works well.
The second was 'Grace' resin clay. It too is air-dry and it worked fantastic! It does take around 3 days to dry fully once applied though - so be prepared to check every few days and try not to drop anything on it when its drying... (experience). I bought this version:
http://sophieandtoffee.com/item.php?item_id=285&category_id=31
whoch as you can see comes in a plastic tube. You then put it into a piping bag and apply a tip and off you go! That particular version you do have to warm first - I personally used a hairdryer. None of these options are cheap enough for me as I'm looking to sell these on! My next try is going to be decorators caulk which cost me around £3 for 300ml. I'll let you know how that one goes!
A quick note as well - if you do use a piping bag - either double bag if you are using a thin plastic one or use one that is meant for cakes so its a bit thicker - the clays can get quite thick to pipe on and that can mean your bag can burst...(again...experience! I lost half my bag on my hands!!!)
By the way - this is the only thing I have really made so far - it's the case for my iPhone 3gs.
Decoden     222041_10150584422835177_651190176_18506339_439532_n
This was made from the Grace clay - and I know its a bit messy but when the bag burst - I could no longer make it all smoothl whipped looking so I had to go for icing look :p haha. I bought the large rose and pendant base both off etsy along with the rhinestones and pearls. Everything else I made. I think this proves more than anything that the case can really have whatever you like on it - mine just HAD to have Professor Layton on it so I made him from hama beads.
Now I think that's it for now, but any more questions or attemps - lemmie know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:22 am

Wow! thanks for that, really helpful. I love what you have managed to do with the phone case. I think when I get paid I'll buy a few bits and give it ago my self on my phone. Prob wont be as pretty as urs tho lol.
As Im switching to a part time job it should give me time to practice and improve. Maybe I could get round to selling a few to make abit of cash Smile.
*Starts Googling*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Decoden     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decoden    Decoden     Empty

Back to top Go down

Decoden
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Creativity :: Other Crafts-
Jump to: