Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Origional Writings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:50 pm

I know this isn't fanfiction but meh

who likes to write stuff??? do you really like writing stories/novels/plays etc?

Do you have a really good idea but don't know how to go about getting it down, well hopefully this thread should help ^^ i think... haha
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:53 pm

yeyyyyyy Smile

I think my problem when writing stuff is the same as when i read stuff, I always like the side characters better than the main character!

I generally write alot of fiction set in the modern day world but with some aspect thats....a little different i guess, like people having 'powers' or something generally weird, supernatural and out of the ordinary. The stories all tend to be a bit dark in some way too.

And I ALWAYS start something and never finish it ^^

Perhaps we could start posting our stuff on here? Always good to get feedback.
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Me too, i think its called Urban Fantasy or something... *shrugs*

I'm exactly the same i have so many started ideas that are just sitting there waiting to be written! At the moment i'm writing one about this girl called Ellie and it turns out she is a changeling and stuff like that ^^ i'm really liking writing it!

Ooooo thats quite a good idea i wouldn't mind feedback on some stuff i have written... ^^
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Hehe same here ^^

If you ever need a beta reader just lemme know! I write (and read) so often as it is!
And it's always good someone else readin it, i often find what makes sense to me doesnt always to someone else hehe
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:03 pm

I totally get that, i read it back and be like yeah that makes sense, then i show it to someone and they just stare at me blankly haha

definately could use a beta reader at some point, i'm about 10 scenes into a play that needs a read through at some points i just want to make some alterations to it first
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Yeah iv'e got some stuff I know I need to change before anyone goes over it hehe

I might actually go write some soon hehe
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:44 pm

well, i've got a week off coming up, so when i have my wits and notes about me, i might post some of my ideas for my latest project up here, see what people think of it, if people want to give it a read
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:16 am

I always love hearing other peoples idea's etc, so deffo, post em here!
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:36 am

*nods* yeah, i love reading peoples stuff ^^ mind you i'm usually like...waaahh so much better than mine haha
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:47 pm

I used to write. I'd win contests when I was a kid for my story telling. But now I kinda feel embarassed about writing like that.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Jesterface

Jesterface

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:24 am

I used to want to be a writer. I'm good with descriptions (being a visual person) and at starting things off, but I never used to think ahead to the endings and after decent beginnings, it'd be an awful, rushed ending.

That said, I have been writing stuff for a homebrew D&D setting inspired by Dune and Dark Sun (but without treading on the toes of either).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Origional Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Origional Writings   Origional Writings Empty

Back to top Go down

Origional Writings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Creativity :: Fan Art/Fan Fiction-
Jump to: