Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phoenix!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 am

Ok, for a while I decided not to do this cause of my weight, but now i've decided I dont care and i'm gonna do it anyway! mwahahaha
Here is a ref pic of what I'm planning on doing:
[img]Phoenix!!!! Jean-g10[/img]

I'm planning on using green stretch velour and some shiny gold fabric I don't know the name of >> (has 4 way stretch though) Have ordered it from a guy off a market stall I use alot.

I'm gonna sew the gold boot covers onto the fabric to get the right shape and triangle look. Probably gonna buy the gloves cause I reallllly hate making gloves...

For the phoenix i'm gonna make a paper pattern, cut it out, and pin it with pins really close together whilst i'm wearing it to get the right placement and stretch, then sew it on.

What do you guys think?

This is a picture of an amazing cosplay of it!
[img]Phoenix!!!! Phoeni10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 am

This is badass!!!
I saw the new X-Men film last night so im totally in an X-men mood lol.
I love it Kim! You have done Harley before so I'm sure u can pull this off. I know it will be a little harder but it will be so worth it! Have you figured how you are going to get in and out of it when u pin it to ur self to sew togther?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 am

This should be easier to make than Harley, but just as annoying to wear Razz
I'll be pinning the phoenix on the front whilst im in it, but won't be in it when i'm sewing it? Not really sure what you mean? As for the full body suit, i'll be using a pattern and doing fittings like i normally do anyway, same process as Harley, so should be fine Smile
Will be zipped up at back
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:21 am

Ah many fittings! Sorry i meant to ask how are you going to get the fit right while pinned into it. I can never do it on my own but I imagin u will draft in the boyfriend to give you a hand? :p

this does look fab, really cant wait to see. when do u think it will be ready for?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 am

Haha get him to help? noooooo chance!
I just kinda....pin and keep trying on till i get it right hehe, takes a long time but hey Wink luckily its stretch, so i don't have to get it exactly right hehe Smile
Will probably be ready byt he end of the month, for Aya for sure!
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:39 am

Oh dear! Well it worked before so Im sure you can do it again Smile. End of the month? Im always impressed by how quickly you can make these things lol.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:33 pm

UPDATE:
So i've decided i'm gonna do more 'progress' type pics of my costumes and go through how i've decided to make stuff. Would be cool if we could all do it too, gives us something to post/discuss one these forums!

So i'm at work atm and i'll post pics later but i've made the basic body suit. I'm happy with it but maybe i'll try and take it in some more around the midsection and legs so it's more flattering Razz

Next step after taking it in will be the sash because then I can get a proper feel how it will look on me. The sash for Phoenix is good because it hides that bottom of your tummy and makes curves look smoother = flattering.
Another thing i'm doing to combat unflatteringness is HUGE HEELS on the boots! I'm pretty short so a bit of height will 'elongate' my body shape and helps hide the fact i have big hips but short legs -- good tip!
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Okkkkk so here is a pic of the bodysuit i made:
[img]Phoenix!!!! Phoeni11[/img]

I used a pattern for it that I had to get off ebay, but it's fantastic ^^ I didn't need to alter the pattern at all and it's so simple to use. Hence why it was so quick to make i guess Smile

Then I made the sash:
[img]Phoenix!!!! Phoeni12[/img]

It makes me look about 2 sizes smaller.....
I used a 2 metre length of fabric folded and stitched and just tied together, lovely and simple Smile

Next challenge is the boot covers, decided to sew these to the costume so I'm thinking I probably need to get the boots pretty soon otherwise I can't make the covers.... Not sure how i'm gonna make them so they stay on the boots yet.
Thought maybe a few 'straps' to go under the shoes sole. Alternatively, I could permanently sttach them to the shoes and just have the shoes attached to the costume that way...Something to think about for sure....

Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm

You should check out the shoe shop on granby street near the train station for shoes they have some unusual stuff, I bet they would have some gold shoes of some sort. It looks fab so far hun Smile.
The shash really makes the whole thing look flattering. Well done so far hun Smile.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:45 pm

This may help
BootCovers
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Ah yeah I found that link on cosplay.com, but my 'boots' are sewn on to the bodysuit so would mean the shoes would be attached to the bodysuit too. But i've been trying alot of tonight to find something workable, will be back for updates if it's successful, if not i'll go on a mardy and wont post for many days Razz
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE   Phoenix!!!! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Ok have done the boot covers, that was painful. I used the pattern for the leg bit then added on the bottom to accomodate the shoes then cut a hole for the heel. I then glued the gold fabric to the heel. It's not all that neat.....and was really tough to work out Razz
Then I made a pattern for the Phoenix emblem and cut it out, pinned it and sewed it.

[img]Phoenix!!!! P210[/img]
[img]Phoenix!!!! P310[/img]

[img]Phoenix!!!! P410[/img]
The main problem i've had with this was actually sewing the lycra/spandex material. No matter what tension i used the thread kept breaking and i even snapped a machine needle! oh well it's done now ><

[img]Phoenix!!!! Pfin10[/img]

Buying the gloves cause i don't make gloves, ever. And waiting on the wig!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Phoenix!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix!!!!   Phoenix!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Phoenix!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: Cosplay in Progress-
Jump to: