Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Helpful tip for sewing PVC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
atashi_chan

atashi_chan

Helpful tip for sewing PVC Empty
PostSubject: Helpful tip for sewing PVC   Helpful tip for sewing PVC EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:53 am

I know this is probably not going to be something most people come across! >.< But i had loads of trouble with my Harley Quinn corset. When you sew, the foot of the sewing machine gets caught on the PVC and stops moving! Surprised

You can buy all sorts of things to sew PVC - the most popular being a teflon sewing machine foot - but there is a cheap and easy alternative!

Simply put a layer of grease-proof paper in between the PVC and the foot. It glides dead easy and all you do then is sew it, then tear the paper off. No mess and no fuss! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Helpful tip for sewing PVC   Helpful tip for sewing PVC EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Ooooo wow, that is a really good tip!
I know it's only a matter of time before i'm using PVC Razz
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Helpful tip for sewing PVC   Helpful tip for sewing PVC EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Wow thats really helpful thanks! I imagine its worth investing in a new needle tho if u have been using the same one for a while. PVC dulls it much quicker and ur better off starting off with a new one rather than having it snap mid sewing >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helpful tip for sewing PVC   Helpful tip for sewing PVC Empty

Back to top Go down

Helpful tip for sewing PVC
Page 1 of 1