Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your first cosplay

Go down 
+3
Jesterface
Jeff the Ninja Fox
Amethyst
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Amethyst

Amethyst

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:38 am

You can either go with first costume you wore/made or the first time you knew it was 'Cosplay' not just a costume.

For my first, it was a halloween when I was 8 I think... I went as a Drowsee from pokemon. Costume consisted of a balloon and toilet roll( for the nose!) head I made myself and thought was quite good for my age and some mustard yellow and brown fabric, which came from a pair of curtains, for the body. I think I did a Cats costume aswell for a kids dancing show.

I honestly can't remember my first 'real' cosplay, I'm no good at remembering dates. It was either Kino for Kinos Journey or an Anonymous from 4chan, which was crap. I know it was.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:21 am

My first one was Deidara from Naruto ^_^ it was epic fun and i still love to wear it
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:01 am

Halloween 2008, I dressed as the Crow, with taped up wrists and waist, with a shooting decoy crow taped to the shoulder of my coat.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:24 am

Mine was temari from naruto, wore it alcon 08 and never again. Still like it but I've found I like more elaborate costumes now. First I made was Harley Quinn and I do love that!
Back to top Go down
noodles_husky

noodles_husky

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Mine will probably be Zaraki Kenpachi. I still need to buy all of the stuff for it but I've found a chinese wholesale site that I'll probably buy most of the stuff from. I still need to find a place to buy his sword (the only one i can find on ebay is metal and I don't think the MCM staff are gonna be happy with that). So yeah, if someone has a good site for cosplay swords, PM Me! =D
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:45 am

oh hai, noodles.

Why don't you make a sword? Cardboard, foam or balsawood are usually permitted.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
noodles_husky

noodles_husky

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 am

I'll have a crack at it, the only difficult bit will be the hilt
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Got a picture of the sword handy? I don't think I can help but I'm just curious lol Razz
Back to top Go down
noodles_husky

noodles_husky

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:49 pm

shadowbeam wrote:
Got a picture of the sword handy? I don't think I can help but I'm just curious lol Razz

yah, here! http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/kenpachi_zaraki.jpg
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:47 am

Wow, thats a very cool sword Smile I reckon you could make it out of foam, blade would be pretty bendy though hehe
Back to top Go down
gpplumy

gpplumy

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 am

i made several cosplay swords for bleach including szayel , momo, aizen and captain grumpypants (yes i forgot his name)

i made all mine by buying wooden bokkens with sheathes and then making the guard and rewrapping the hilt, u can find bokkens on ebay easy enough

Your first cosplay 100_0827

Your first cosplay 100_0831
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:31 pm

wow those look amazing o_0 i know who i'm coming to for commissions....
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah GP did my momo sword
I still has it tucked away in my cuboard xx
Back to top Go down
gpplumy

gpplumy

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:17 pm

XD yeah i will do commisions, as long as i can get a bokken for it im willing to try. only one i failed at so far was uruharas due to the difficulty of the tusba and handle and i couldent get matierials
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your first cosplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first cosplay   Your first cosplay Empty

Back to top Go down

Your first cosplay
Page 1 of 1