Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Make-up tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Make-up tips Empty
PostSubject: Make-up tips   Make-up tips EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm

A place to share all your make-up tips!

There's so much I don't know about make-up etc but I can give some tips from my experience of taking photo's etc and what looks good.
To start us off, if you think your photo is gonna be taken and want to look your best this is what I recommend (and this is just me Razz):
Start off by cleansing, toning and moisturising. Cleansing is important to remove dirt and such that normal washing wont do. Toning helps close pores and make them less obvious, great for close-ups, without toning moisturiser will clog pores and make your skin more oily. Moisturiser speaks for itself, but also helps make-up go on better and smoother and can make colours more vibrant.

I usually apply liquid foundation, mousse foundation, concealer and powder. This might be a bit much for some people but because of the dark circles under my eyes I have to do this Razz basically, the more you even out your skin with this stuff the better it's gonna look in photo's.
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

Make-up tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips   Make-up tips EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks Kim! What powder do you use/recommend? I only have a cheapy one and I feel like it looks really...obvious....on my skin? If that makes sense Razz

Also looking forward to the info you promised me on brushes ;D
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Make-up tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips   Make-up tips EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 am

Woot! someone read it! hehe

For powder, I use Maybelline dream matte powder with a large powder brush. It's a nice mid range powder, so it's good, creates that matte even look, but not too expensive. I just gently brush it over my skin, otherwise it can look caked on. If you want something for really pale skin Dainty Doll is the best around tbh.

Gonna do the brushes stuff whilst i'm at work mwahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Make-up tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips   Make-up tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Make-up tips
Page 1 of 1