Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roleplay

Go down 
+3
Jeff the Ninja Fox
Quicksilver
shadowbeam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am

Hey hey, figured this goes in here.
I'm really loving the Steampunk roleplay and was wondering if anyone was intrested in starting up some more roleplays.
I'm personally more intrested in original roleplays than roleplaying existing characters but would love to hear what people think about doing some more roleplay threads
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 pm

have you guys ever thought about doing an actual roleplay? Dungeons and dragons, Shadowrun, BESM, world of darkness, something like that? Both Jesterface and i are experienced dms, and there are plenty of places online that support roleplay
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Dungeons and Dragons has always intrigued me... but i've never had anyone to do it with and that sorta thing... but would definately be up for it ^_^
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Iv'e played D&D in board game form before but thats all hehe
I like being able to start with people i know and get used to it with a smaller gorup of people first
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:44 pm

just thinking that if i can get jesterfaces help, i could set up a private online game as an introduction. would have to pick a series that is quite intuitive though, such as World of Darkness (depending on the setting, playing as mages, werewolves, vampires, or frankinsteins monsters) or for this crowd BESM (or big eyes small mouth, the anime roleplay)

with dnd though, it'd be quite nice to set up an eberron game (quite anime and steampunk inspired, with ancient technology, living machines, powerful magic, and lost legasies)
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:45 pm

That sounds pretty awesome, I'll leave it to you and Jester to sort out haha!
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:18 pm

haha let the experts take charge
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:36 pm

I've played D&D a couple of times in the past, and it was great fun, so I'd love to do so again.
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:45 pm

lol i'd be up for this. My mate joe has a weekly D&D night with his friends. I need to get him on these forums. he would also be well up for this.
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Eberron totally has my vote. Although, mostly for the whole Pulp-Noir, Magitek ideas. Dibs on Master Inquisitive. Called it.

D&D/D20 is probably one of the better intro systems. It has its merits and flaws, but it's one of the most grounded ones out there.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:21 pm

I'd disagree and say that mechanically, storyteller system is the easiest to get into, but having played d20 the most, I'd say its the one I'd be most comfortable with. however, i'd go for D20 modern (or past) myself. with all the happy retro futurists on here, it could be a good mix, and it has plenty of pulp noir and magitek as well. plus, its the second most widely spread 3rd party system, with loads of different campaigns and models (including call of Cthulhu and Victoriana, two of my personal favorites).

what do you say Jesterface? Up for either setting up (or teaching me to set up) a game of some kind?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:53 am

There's a possibility.

Not sure how to work it on a forum as other play-by-post games I've been in had a IRL code system in the forum that did die rolls. Only other thing I know of is Fantasy Grounds, a program that lets you play over a network with other folks, but you need to download the different systems as it only comes with D&D, and would likely need the downloading of Hamachi, a kind of cheat network thing that lists a number of people as part of a faux-network, allowing network playing despite no actual network connection other than the interbuttz.

If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:11 pm

what's the forum you used to play on?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:34 pm

DND Online Games.

The mods are usually open to a variety of D20 stuff, and sadly the built in character sheets tend to only be for D&D, but they have nifty dice mechanics.

EDIT:

Also, I seem to recall you have to make advertisement threads for the games and run them by the mods for approval based on your advertisement... Something like that, I haven't been on for ages as I mysteriously dropped out of a number of games.

Play by post has the advantage of not everyone having to be online at once and organise a time and day to be on, but you do have to wait for other players, and if someone can't or doesn't get on for ages it slows a game right down (and on DNDOG has caused many a game to end prematurely).

Playing on FG has the advantage of relative speed, as well as rollable virtual dice and a number of cool little niknaks (counters, map drawing, sourcebooks built in) but you do have to tie everyone down to time and day.

EDITEDIT: There's also the Iron Kingdoms setting. You don't have to use the actual setting itself, but it has some shiny goodness in it, like the Arcane Mechaniks, Bodgers and the oh so awesome Gun Mage.
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:41 pm

*necro-bump*

I'd be interested in rp. I used to do it over msn when I was in the Cars ( alright, laugh it out already) fandom. But my main buddy got pissed when I trolled one of his friends and then the other guy was a German ( who couldn't spell/use grammer well) who turned out later to be a sexist, arrogant little fuckwit.

I have bother human and non-human monster characters and I prefer paragraph rp.

Quicksilver wrote:

...Living machines...
Relevant to my interests.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Jesterface

Jesterface

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:35 pm

These geezers.
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Well I believe D n D style games are out of the question for me. Too confusing, un-immersive due to lol * rolls dice* dice * rolls 3 dice, performs maths* rolling, discalculia and very strict character creation.

I tried to go to a game a few nights ago. I just wanted to jump out of the window.

What about just forum rp? Or msn, which is what I usually use.
Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay   Roleplay Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay
Page 1 of 1