Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is Cosplay to you?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amethyst

Amethyst

What is Cosplay to you? Empty
PostSubject: What is Cosplay to you?   What is Cosplay to you? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:08 am

Whats your definition of it? Japanese characters only? No original characters?

For me, its just Costume Play. Its about being in a costume and representing the character. It doesn't matter what series its from, if its published character, a fan character or an original character. However some people I've met can be strict; only japanese characters or existing ones from shows.

Back to top Go down
http://metalik-fairy.deviantart.com
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: What is Cosplay to you?   What is Cosplay to you? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:56 am

I totally agree with you Amethyst ^^ I'm not keen on making it really strict definition wise
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: What is Cosplay to you?   What is Cosplay to you? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 am

In every field of costume-based hobby, someone's going to be an anal berkley hunt about it.

I say whatever you think fits the description is right to you.
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

PostSubject: Re: What is Cosplay to you?   What is Cosplay to you? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am

For me, it's just dressing up and pretending. Like when you were a kid - you see a cool character, so you want to dress like them and run around and act like them. That includes original characters, literary characters, anything really. I wouldn't want to restrict it like that (I hardly know any anime characters as it is, lol).
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: What is Cosplay to you?   What is Cosplay to you? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:57 am

Vincent wrote:
For me, it's just dressing up and pretending. Like when you were a kid - you see a cool character, so you want to dress like them and run around and act like them. That includes original characters, literary characters, anything really. I wouldn't want to restrict it like that (I hardly know any anime characters as it is, lol).

I know anime characters, but barely any I want to/could feasibly dress as.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Cosplay to you?   What is Cosplay to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is Cosplay to you?
Page 1 of 1