Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Join the Notre Liberte

Go down 
+3
shadowbeam
Akemi
Jeff the Ninja Fox
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

right, having discussed this with Jeff, may i introduce Murphey - watchdog and dogsbody of the Notre Libre.

Murphey had a hard start in life - Moreaus generally do. second class citizens in every sense of the word, Moreaus grow up either as slaves, street urchins, servants, or not at all. Murphey was an orphan, dumped on the stairs of Her Ladies' Grace as a pup not even old enough to have his eyes open - in that he was luckier than some. he got a little education there, he didn't have any memory of a family to haunt him, and he met the person who would ultimately define his life - Viola. A Moreau just like him, though of a different genus, the pair soon grew to be inseparable - siblings by choice.

A time came, however, when both pups had to make their own way in the world - and for a big, tough looking Moreau like Murphey, that wasn't easy. jobs refused him, apprenticeships turned him away, and people refused even the basic rights to him that a human may enjoy. Eventually - rather quicker than he would have liked, Murphey turned his talents to theft.

he was good at it, too - from picking the pocket of men on the street, to confidence games of find the lady, to racketeering games run by other runaways and street thieves, where he worked by turns as either a hustler, or an impromptu bouncer when things got rough. it wasn't a great living, but it meant he could keep Viola out of that, and it meant that he could pay for her to one day escape all of it, by putting her through school and getting her out of the slums.

in fact, all was going great, until he met Silver.

silver was the leader of the Whitechapel Dragoons, one of the toughest, dirtiest gangs this side of london, and Murphey had the misfortune to cross him. unknowingly, Murphey cheated him out of a wallet full of stolen notes. The beating Murphey took for it left him near dead, close enough, and left Violas fate hanging in the balance. Silver found out, and he offered Murphey a choice - work for him, or he'd make Viola do it - and the work a pretty young thing like her would do would be a lot dirtier than the relitively clean crime of theft and burglary.

murphey agreed, and while he recovered from his injuries, Silver racked up a debt against him that he held over both their heads. eventually, it came time for murphey to pay that debt back. it started small - breaking into businesses or small holding to take what he could, but it got worse - peoples homes, offices, taking everything. he was employed as an enforcer, and some of the things he did to the people Silver sent him after, Murphey still chooses not to think about. it was inevitable that he'd be caught.

Murphey was caught mid robbery in an uptown mansion, and was looking at transportation for his crimes - if he was lucky. for a Moreau, with most likely no trial, he would probably be hanged.

he had three visitors while he was in prison. the fist was a messenger from Silver - blab about anything, and Viola would wish she were dead. The second was viola herself. while the pair had been almost brother and sister for years, the conversation that night left a lot of things unsaid, and Murphey saw for the first time, it seemed, the girl who he had loved all his life. he knew he would do anything - anything - to keep her safe.

the third was, to everyone's surprise, the daughter of the family he had robbed. she was a Lady, alright, and she made Murphey seem grubby and small by comparison. they spoke, and she asked him why he did it. without saying anything about Silver, for some reason, Murphey found himself talking about Viola, and about all the dreams he had for her. he spoke from the heart, and didn't regret a word he said.

at the end, he looked at her, and she was smiling. "you've a good heart, even if it does get sidetracked" she said, and left. the next morning, the Bow street Runners said that he was free to go - that all charges had been dropped. stunned, he saw that the lady was waiting there for him.

Victoria offered him a place to stay, and told him that she had an offer for him - of work aboard a ship that she was commissioning, and of the benefits it would bring him - not in the least the idea that she could recommend Viola to a friends family, who were in need of a new Ladies maid for their youngest daughter. Victoria left him to consider for a night, but Murphey already knew what he was going to do. Unfortunately, Silver found him first.

he believed that Murphey had sold him out, become a snitch, and he brought enough men to make an example of the Moreau pup that would long be remembered. Murphey barely escaped with his life - bleeding, hurt, he threw himself out of a window and ran, chased all the way by Silvers men. Murphey did the only thing he could do. He went straight for Viola, took her with him, and raced to the airfield where the notre libre was docked.

Victoria, to this day, is responsible for saving Murpheys' life a half dozen times, and he is loyal to her as a dog can be. he works aboard the Notre Liberte in any capacity he is needed, and rarely leaves the ship for long. he is also a pilot for one of the small outrigger craft that the Notre Libre keeps, and is an accomplished dog fighter. Viola now works, under an assumed name, as a ladies made in Summerset, and Murphey sends letters to her every week, still unsure of his feelings toward her, and confused about their relationship, but hoping one day to be something a lot more than what they are now.

Last edited by Quicksilver on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:36 pm

yeah, sorry about all the bad puns - should have used Puppy Love as well. expect more as it goes on

Murphy is over 6ft, a Moreau German shepard cross with brown eyes, and when not covered in grease oil and coal dust, tends to wear ships overalls or simple clothing. He is also inordinately around of the collar he wears, with the Notre Libertes' details on it. While it is an ownership collar, it is also his and violas freedom, in a sense
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Aw that's so sweet, I love this Smile
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:15 am

have decided to write letters to Viola as a way of recapping events and to add little details to the ship and the world we all share aboard the Notre Liberte. hopefully, it will add a little depth that we can all expand from.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:12 am

Well what can i say to that but
D'AWWWWWWW
What an absolute sweetheart Murphey is lol
Wanna adopt him much? he he
Lovely i look forward to reading this more xx
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:13 pm

*is worrying she is not giving other the chance to post on the roleplay so is holding off a bit* ><
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Aw, but I have to wait till you get to the ship to introduce Murphy
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:20 pm

need some input from victoria and elsie so we know where they're at really before we move on
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:44 pm

is that my cue lol
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:09 pm

I wanted to leave it somewhere were someone a bit more familier with how the ship would look and feel could take over. So i dont want to go until i have an idea in my mind what its like!
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:57 am

Just realised, is Elsie the captain and pilot? Or just Captain?
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:52 am

Ive decided to put rose to sleep for a while to allow the crew to have a good natter about her and any other things they want to chat about, which i imagine is what a real crew would do.
ENjoy
Back to top Go down
Jeff the Ninja Fox

Jeff the Ninja Fox

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 am

i think she is just the captain, we need a separate pilot... i think, i wouldn't trust her behind the wheel she is too impulsive.
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:03 am

shouldn't take too long hopefully Akemi Smile

Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 am

I think im gonig to some how work Florence back into this. Its prob best that I have come along in this later on as there would be too much goin on in a short amount of space. Florence is still the same as before as I really like her and find her such an interesting character. Shes the total opposite to alot of the crew and not as good hearted as she is such a successful con-woman. She often not so black and white and really only thinks of number one. I think she will add well into this mix Smile

I'll just wait for a gap in the story to appear...
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:58 am

Totally agree that we need a character like Florence to mix things up a bit, and she could bring some valuable income to the ship Wink

I think once the crew have discussed Rose a bit and we've all at least sat down for some dinner we could dock somewhere else and maybe meet Florence when she has got herself into a bit of a scrape and needs rescuing...maybe give me something to 'doctor' Razz

We also need an introduction for Jester's character too.

Good thing about roleplay is it doesn't have to work like a book so doesn't really matter too much about several characters joining at once maybe? But yeah do need to discuss Rose a bit first.
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:57 am

I still have no idea how to bring Jacobi in >>
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 am

maybe he could assist Florence too?
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:42 am

Apologies if this seems lazy, but my brain is currently fizzling. Who is Florence and what does she do?
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Florence Hemmington is a young female con artist who steals from the rich and keeps for herself. Raised in an orphanage she has no idea of her family background and adopted the orphanage's name for herself 'Hemmington'. Having mostly sneaking out of the dorms at night she learnt to pick pocket and 'street' smarts.

Kicked out of the orphanage at 14 she had to do unspeakable things to survive. She is a terrific actress and spends most of her time hanging around the high society types pretending to be one of them to get close and steal EVERYTHING! Although she is a good person at heart, she always puts herself first.
Back to top Go down
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:25 am

I cant jump back in on the roleplay until i wake up, which may never happen as the roleplay seems to have died.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:35 am

I have the problem that my internet has been cut off at home at the moment, so only have my mobile. But, I have two more days off, so will go down the library tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 am

Akemi wrote:
I cant jump back in on the roleplay until i wake up, which may never happen as the roleplay seems to have died.

Nah, the roleplay hasnt died. Everyone went to Kitacon. I didn't but I have to wait for the story to move along lol >.<
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:00 am

I'm waiting for replies.... can't really be double posting on it
agree that it seems to be dying though, even before Kita
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Join the Notre Liberte    Join the Notre Liberte  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Join the Notre Liberte
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cosplay :: Steampunk-
Jump to: