Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you currently reading? (non manga)

Go down 
+2
Nanao-chan
Akemi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Akemi

Akemi

What are you currently reading? (non manga) Empty
PostSubject: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:59 am

Im currently reading Rachel Caines The Morganville Vampires
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:28 pm

its weird that you ask this as I just started reading Trudi Canavan's The Magician's guild about 20 mins ago lol. Its first in the trilogy so thought i'd see how this one was before i brought the whole set. I have really gotten in to fantasy writing after reading Brent Week's Night Angel books about magical assassins. Think is also cos I have played too much Oblivon in the past and cant play it any more so this is how i getting my fix lol.

You enjoying yours Akemi? whats it about?
Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:13 pm

Oooo iv'e read those Akemi, couldnt get into them much though, prefered Vampire Academy and House of Night series's.

I'm reading Graceling, pretty good so far! Tough to explain, well, not really but I'm lazy
Back to top Go down
Jesterface

Jesterface

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Nanao-chan wrote:
You enjoying yours Akemi? whats it about?

My guess is vampires Wink

I myself am currently reading a multitude of things;

Bill Hicks - Love All the People (funny as hell, and completely thought provoking)
Frank Herbert - Dune (Hey, Lord of the Rings? Star Wars? How you guys doing? Yeah, you're pretty epic, but I have you trumped)
Robert Kirman/Charlie Adlard - The Walking Dead, Volume 11 - Fear the Hunters (greatest zombie survival horror comic ever, and it's being made into a tv series)
H.P. Lovecraft - The Haunter in the Dark
numerous Spider-Man comics

Back to top Go down
shadowbeam

shadowbeam

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:49 pm

ive heard alot of good about Dune Very Happy must read it myself
Back to top Go down
Nanao-chan

Nanao-chan

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Yeah Dune is on my to read list. I used to run the scifi/fantasy section in a book shop and there were alway so many books that i wanted to read but never got round to em. Dune is perhaps one of the older ones that didnt seem so pretenious that so many scifis at the time did. Thing is, once i have read the first i wont be able to stop my self from reading the others.

I have also been reading The Stories of Ibis by Hiroshi Yamamoto. Its a collection of short stories about our connectin and dependance on technology.have only read the first 2 stories in it but they have been so good. I can see it as something that everyone on here might be interested in as the second story is about a group of friends that do online roleplaying and what happens when one of em takes playing the game too far. I highly reconmend so far ^^
Back to top Go down
Applecore
Admin
Applecore

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:27 am

Hey Nanao, I've read the Magicians Guild Trilogy Smile

Im not really reading anything at the moment, finally finished the Dark Tower so having a bit of a break now XD I think I might go back and read some old faves next though, I need to get a new copy of History of the Runestaff, the one I had which was originally my dads has fallen to pieces after being read so many times! And if Tad Williams would finally finish writing his Shadowmarch quartet that would be nice, read the first one back in 2006
Back to top Go down
http://tdsprojects.blogspot.com
Akemi

Akemi

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:50 pm

I went and bought the next 3 in the Morganville Camp series, i have to say im enjoying it quite alot.
Also my Auntie gave me a copy of the Girl with the Dragon tattoo to read as well, so ill be reading that when i finish these. xx
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:50 am

currently reading the Shira Calpurnia novels by - can't remember without having the book to hand - something farrar, and a book called the Diamond Age - neo victorians and nano technology, joy
Back to top Go down
http://spiritwalker1985.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading? (non manga)   What are you currently reading? (non manga) Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you currently reading? (non manga)
Page 1 of 1